What's new

Just got my Scuttle in the mail

This thing is huge, but still feels really comfortable in the hand. I'll be trying it out tomorrow morning :biggrin: No more cold lather

proxy.php

wooah! it its a good looking as it is huge! I saw pictures of this one, but without a razor and brush etc for scale you dont realise just how MASSIVE it is!

is it as heavy as it looks?

wooah! it its a good looking as it is huge! I saw pictures of this one, but without a razor and brush etc for scale you dont realise just how MASSIVE it is!

is it as heavy as it looks?

Its not that bad. I don't see myself getting tired during lather making or anything

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This thing is huge, but still feels really comfortable in the hand. I'll be trying it out tomorrow morning :biggrin: No more cold lather
proxy.php

Can I get an Amen! Nothing like warm lather in the morning. I am a scuttle convert (Moss) and now I won't do without. Enjoy it. That is a beauty.

Very nice, and big. Keep us posted on how well you continue to like or dislike it.

Well, I have to say its nice having warm lather and the groves in the bottom really help to build a nice lather quickly. It was the best lather I've made to date and I did it the exact same as before. The bowl made all the difference, it actually looked like what was made in Mantic's videos and my brush was fully loaded. I thought the brush I had wasn't any good before, but it turns out it was just the mug I was using.

The only issue I had was the heat seemed to make the lather evaporate so I had to really work to get it back before re-lathering on each pass. By the last pass I didn't have much of anything left and almost thought I should go back to the soap

I have the exact same! Absolutely love it.

I can recognize what you say about the heat drying out the lather - but thats certainly something I can live with.

Enjoy it, I know I do!

@PHormality:
Could you tell me the inside dimensions of the large bowl? I'm thinking of buying one myself. Luckily I live in the south of Holland, so I might even decide to go on a trip to the Eifel and visit the store. (If there even is one...)

@PHormality:
Could you tell me the inside dimensions of the large bowl? I'm thinking of buying one myself. Luckily I live in the south of Holland, so I might even decide to go on a trip to the Eiffel and visit the store. (If there even is one...)

5 inches in diameter. 2 inches deep

13 cm / 5 cm to you I guess

That's an S. One of the last slip-cast ones. In the future they will all be 100% handmade again and slightly smaller. But still big enough to make the lather in.
Greetings
oskar

Top Bottom