What's new

Just got a Weishi 9306-F

My daily shaver is a Merkur Progress but I wanted to get a travel razor that I don’t have to worry about.

Long story short, the Gillette Super Speed clone, a TTO Weishi 9306-F caught my interest. A brass, chrome plated razor. Some research says it has an aluminum, chrome plated handle but I'm not sure if that's still true (old info). It seems like its chrome plated brass to me. Anyway, it has great reviews, plus an Amazon price of $9.98 which includes a travel case with a mirror, a five pack of blades and a cleaning brush. And with my Amazon Prime, free two day shipping. No brainer, click Add to cart.

Well it arrived yesterday and I couldn’t wait to try it out. First, the build quality is amazing. Doors open/close perfectly. I could not find anything wrong. Put in an Astra SP and looked at the blade fit. Perfect on both sides!

Lathered with some Proraso red and shaved. Awesome shave. Two passes and some buffing for a BBS--and I have a pretty tough beard. The Weishi is as smooth as a Merkur 34c, but more aggressive. I could live with the Weishi as my daily shaver. Very impressed to say the least. All for $9.98!

Last edited:
A lot of people used to give these a bad rap but I think they are great razors. If it wasn't for my new love of my '59 Fatboy I would be using it still (well my microtouch one rebrand)

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Congrats, great razor! I have 2F and 2FL! I love them! Don't worry, the F is full brass. There is an aluminum Weishi that weighs less, but it isn't the F model.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Another person that likes the Weishi 9306. Also love the Feather Popular and the various rebranded Baili razors. Despite the low prices the razors are actually quite nicely built and work just as they should.

I just received two more to back up my "original" replacement. They hang with my Super Speeds quite nicely and the finish options are superb. Now if they only made a Red Tip version...

IMHO, Weishis are like the 1990s Honda Civic of the razor world - low cost, no frills, but they get you there
But no one put fart cans on them and claims they are a 10 second car lol or in razor talk tried to say they are what ever you think the holy Grail of razors are.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

It's a bit too mild for my face, but for what you get at that price point, it's a great razor. Plus you get the little travel case and integrated mirror.

If I got stranded on a desert island with 50 super models, a Weishi 9306F, and a case of decent blades, I'd be ok.

I wouldn't use the mirror to signal for a rescue right away.

It's a bit too mild for my face, but for what you get at that price point, it's a great razor. Plus you get the little travel case and integrated mirror.

If I got stranded on a desert island with 50 super models, a Weishi 9306F, and a case of decent blades, I'd be ok.

I wouldn't use the mirror to signal for a rescue right away.

Blade buffing is the name of the game with the Weishi. People who want to make 3 straight passes without buffing and get BBS, should look elsewhere.

For me is the best of the chinese TTO s. I teached my son how to shave with one and is his daily driver. I have one too, but nowadays I am on a honeymoon with my Tech Fat Handle.

Enviado desde mi 5010G mediante Tapatalk

For me is the best of the chinese TTO s. I teached my son how to shave with one and is his daily driver. I have one too, but nowadays I am on a honeymoon with my Tech Fat Handle.

In Europe it's the most rebranded razor. I 've seen at least 5-6 rebrands of the Weishi.

In Europe it's the most rebranded razor. I 've seen at least 5-6 rebrands of the Weishi.
I believe that! I think that the second most rebranded TTO Is the Baili, I had one but didn't like it. The profile was too high and had trouble shaving under my nose.

I have the short handle chrome, the long gunmetal, and the long PVD black. I love them. I don't have the toughest possible beard, but it's pretty tough and thick, and very sensitive neck skin. I don't get bbs with them, and that's not my goal with any razor. It's all about 100 percent comfort and zero irritarion.

Top Bottom