What's new

Just discovered the joy of wet shaving - newbie from Manila

Welcome to b&b.
My step daughter is in the Manila area, wife was from Lingayen. I enjoy whenever I get to go visit.
As far as shave products, are you talking about getting them shipped.
If shipping soaps and gear you might ask West Coast shaving, Maggard Razors and The Razor Company are a few here in the US.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Welcome @miggy33. I spent a few years living in Manila (Caloocan) before moving to Cebu (Lalpu-Lapu), where I started my traditional wet shaving. I went directly from cartridge razors to straight razors and have never looked back.

There was little wet shaving gear available in retail stores in Cebu. I ended up buying most of my gear on Lazada and AliExpress.

AliExpress was a rather hit or miss with deliveries as they went through PhilPost. I believe that AliExpress now don't ship to the Philippines. Alibaba still ship using the likes of DHL, etc..

Hi everyone! I'm from Manila, Philippines and I just recently discovered the joy of wet shaving. I'm currently using a Merkur 34C safety razor I got from Shave MNL, but am curious about other products and where I could get them. Is there a local community here?
Hi Miggy.

Am from Manila as well.

Options are a lot better now but still not as wide as what you would find in the US. If you search Lazada, you can find local shops selling drugstore-grade creams like Nivea and Palmolive from the EU, and Old Spice from India. Proraso used to be available but the shop has yet to restock. There is an artisanal soap shop (Paradesha Farms) that sells via Lazada and Shopee. They have two flavors of shaving soap and they make their own Bay Rum aftershave. Haven't used their products, though.

For brushes, the usual offerings are synthetics from Yaqi (China), or badger from Parker. The decent blades are sold by Shave Manila and The John Barbers Groomers (Feather, Astra, Parker, Personna). If you're looking for Russian Gillettes, ordering from the US is the only option for now.

Welcome to B&B! That Merkur is a fine razor. I hope you can find products to explore and enjoy. Living in a giant market has spoiled those of us in the USA.

Given the extensive connections between the Philippines and the US, if you exchange packages with anyone in the US, perhaps you can have US purchases (or PIFs) sent to that person for forwarding to you. PM me if you have such a setup, I have quite a bit of excess inventory I could PIF.

For blades, the well-known supplier Razor Blades Club is based in Sweden and may have decent shipping rates to Manila.

Top Bottom