What's new

Just bought my first vaping setup!

I am an ex-smoker and long time dipper. I am currently going through a can a day of cope wintergreen. I truly miss smoking and enjoyed every minute of it. A buddy of mine uses one and I tried it and loved it. So I bought a used kit from him. Any info on what I bought, and where do I start for supplies? I currently have a tank of rum prada that he filled up for me and that's it. I would like to inhale more vapor than I am currently getting. My goal is to quit dipping, or cut back drastically. Thanks a bunch!

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what I have either. What you see in the pic is what I got. Only other flavor I have tried was something called unicorn milk, and lemon loves cake. Is it better to shop flavors locally or online?

I don't vape or know anything about it, but those little kiosks at malls always seem to be eager to have you try them. They change out the mouthpiece of whatever it is and let you pick flavors.

I am not familiar with that set up but if it helps you get off the dip and you enjoy it, then it's the perfect set up. It does look to be a bit on the older side so who knows how much life it has left in it. There are numerous companies making vape gear and it is really easy to do research online. If you decide to see what else is out there I would look for a retail outlet that specializes in vaping. There you should be able have a good variety of products to choose from and most of the shop keeps are pretty knowledgeable about the subject.

An iClear30 can only produce so much vapor. The airflow is just too restricted. It's decent but it's apparently not cutting it.

Are you looking for a larger volume of vapor, nicotine, throat hit or flavor?

Blue, would you be mad at me if I told you all the above? Picked up some new juice from a local shop today. She told me to start at 7 watts and go up from there and don't worry about volts, it would auto adjust on its own.

Tvad, do you know how humiliating it was to see my typo after I posted the thread? I spelled it right, but this fine piece of Samsung equipment decided to correct me and I didn't catch it. Smh. Maybe I should stick to shaving! Oh, and I went up to 24mg of nico.

Blue, would you be mad at me if I told you all the above? Picked up some new juice from a local shop today. She told me to start at 7 watts and go up from there and don't worry about volts, it would auto adjust on its own.
How's the juice?

No worries. I'd probably move to an Aspire Nautilus (or Mini) specifically with the BVC coil heads.

I second getting an aspire nautilus / mini. It what my wife and started with and we loved it so much we bought a spare. We then sold our starter setups to a coworker and he loves the mini. For the price point it's a good start up tank.

The aspire might be one that she showed me. It has wicks at the bottom, can't remember if it had adjustable air flow or not.

The nautilus /mini does have adjustable air flow, it's a spinning ring that has four holes that very in size. It's a glass tank with a screw in "burner" or coil that fits into the base. Google them up, it's worth the look into.

Apparently they are some popular tanks. I believe I will get some. It has been about a day since I started vaping the stuff I bought. 24mg is a lot! I will have to cut down on strength if I want to vape more frequently throughout the day. The good thing is two hits and I am golden.

Apparently they are some popular tanks. I believe I will get some. It has been about a day since I started vaping the stuff I bought. 24mg is a lot! I will have to cut down on strength if I want to vape more frequently throughout the day. The good thing is two hits and I am golden.
If you like the flavor, but 24mg is too high, you can always go back and buy another bottle of the same stuff in zero mg. You can then cut it down as far as you like. 50/50 should get you to close to 12mg.

Make sure you go with the BVC (Bottom Vertical Coil) heads. If it's not written on it anywhere they're the old style heads, which are manufacturer discontinued. They aren't bad but the BVCs are much better and the same price.

Also if that battery is one of a kind, you'll need at least one more. Backup is important! eFest's are OK batteries but I'd recommend the Samsung 18650 20A (the baby blue ones).

Last edited:
Just an update. Bought the nautilus aspire from a reputable vape shop, and I am having trouble with the juice leaking through the vent holes.

Mine did the same a time or two. A) draw real hard on it without hitting the fire button, B) take the tank apart and make sure your burner coil is in and seated tight.

Usually if I did both routes my problem would fix itself.

Top Bottom