What's new

JORIS DE Tour Thread

Party time.

$DSC_4677.jpg

Joris # 2 is on the way to sluggo, slight detour as I had to send the cobra classic to him anyways, and Chester is in limbo between locations.

Joris # 2 is on the way to sluggo, slight detour as I had to send the cobra classic to him anyways, and Chester is in limbo between locations.

Yeah, I'll be on the road to Ft. Worth a week from today, and then I'll be driving back to CO two weeks from today. It's complicated.
-- Chet

Well, it took a few days longer than I had hoped to, but my video review of the Joris is finally here:

It's also available in 720p, which I recommend -- you'll get to see the closeness of hair removal, and my balding head just a little bit better.

It's 14 minutes, which is about 10 minutes longer than I hoped. But, I had 30 minutes of footage, and I wanted folks to see the full 4 passes and what I thought were the salient points of how the Joris behaves.

Feedback on any/all aspects of the video is encouraged, both positive and negative. I'll try to do one for the FaTip before it leaves NH, if folks would like that.

Also, on my channel is a video for how I whipped up the DR Harris Arlington in an apothecary mug, if that's of interest to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feedback on any/all aspects of the video is encouraged, both positive and negative.

Very nicely done video. I've had a Joris for a month or so and my impressions mirror yours. However because of your beard & moustache some of the trickier places to shave around the nose & upper lip as well as the generally tougher chin whiskers are not tackled. My experience suggests that Joris handles these with ease. I'm both too ugly as well as incompetent to do a video, but maybe others will contribute to your efforts (if not scared off by the high standards you've set).

Thanks for the kind words. It truly was a labor of love. Tonight I'll be shooting Bong's Mühle FaTip with one of Jeff's vintage Schick blades. It has three days of tough, dense, wire-like Indian hair to get thru.

Lather choices I'm considering. Please weigh in:

- Proraso, Omega 49, face lather
- DR Harris Arlington, Duke 3, cup lather
- TOBS Sandalwood, Emperor 2, cup lather
- EJ Sea Buckthorn, Emperor 2, face lather

I'm leaning towards Proraso/49, since it's a well known pairing most folks are familiar with, is well liked, and well understood. I really want it to be more about the FaTip and less about the soap, but it must be a careful consideration nonetheless.

I must say Bill did a great job assembling a well organized, clean and tidy box of joy. I'll be sure to do the same as I send it off to Den, and include Jeff's blade pack and some additional treats!

Anand, your video is AWESOME!! Now I know why you were MIA for a few days, you sneeky wet shaver! :tongue_sm I concur on your "musical razor" comment - razors with a lot of blade exposure are music to my ears as well. :thumbup1:

Can't wait to see Video #2 and the FaTip. A similar and yet different razor so I'm interested in your thoughts. Well done!!

Last edited:
Thanks Bill! You should see some of the outtakes. Lots of cursing. It's not easy talking and shaving. Not a single cut, nick, or weeper though.

If I can get out of work soon enough I'll get on the FaTip. Wifey-poo is working late tonight, so I will have the den all to my wet shaving self, and the video editing booth later in the evening!

Great vid Anand. Hope you're able to get the other vid up before sending those beauties off to me. :tongue_sm

You made shaving with a notoriously aggressive razor look easy. Awesome job! :thumbup1:

That's a great video Anand. Everything about the Joris screams class, I really like the handle, not just how it looks but also how it feels in the hand.

Yes, the Joris handle feels absolutely perfect in one's hand. It's made with the same attention to detail as a fine old guitar. It resonates, it has the perfect amount of friction, it's sexy and it's ready to party.

The FaTip, on the other hand, is a different story ...

Ok, here's my FaTip review. This video didn't come out as well as the prior Joris video. My Chi was disturbed earlier in the day due to issues at work, my phone ringing off the hook the whole way home, and extra whiny jumpy licky dogs when I got home.

Warning: coarse language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anand,

Another very informative video! And your frustration helped us understand the issues better. Again, another awesome contribution. Of course the handle can be easily changed, but did you find or can you see any difference (besides plating) between the heads? If you screwed the Joris handle onto the Fatip head could you tell the difference?

Last edited:
Another great video,I subscribed to your channel on youtube.I actually heard the feedback from the FaTip especially when you shaved XTG on your happy side of the face.

Really liked those reviews, Nando.

@Gam, the Joris has a nonstandard screw size for its handle and cap. I use the base plate (comb) of the Joris with my EJ Bulbous handle and cap and it's great.

Top Bottom