What's new

Join me in a "Birthday Shave" PIF

I'm in. Not too hard for me to shave with a slim...it is one of only 2 razors I own. Happy birthday a little early!
proxy.php

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely in! You can never have too many Russian blades :001_tt1:

Edit: and of course, a very happy early birthday :)
Will use my own Slim, think it's a H4 :)

Last edited:
I'm in! - I'll be using my H4 Slim that morning, as it happens to be my birth year/quarter razor. I'll even mount up a Rapira Platinum Lux blade from Russia. (That St Petersburg plant makes some good blades).

I'm in! - I'll be using my H4 Slim that morning, as it happens to be my birth year/quarter razor. I'll even mount up a Rapira Platinum Lux blade from Russia. (That St Petersburg plant makes some good blades).

Nice! Just a little correction, the Rapiras are actually made in Москва :)

I have two birth year slims (I 2 and I 3), both user grade. I'll have to take some glamour shots tonight. I'm in on this!

John, I am in and I am gearing up for your Birthday!

F5782667-0AC4-4077-B040-3022940596F1.jpeg

1. L4 Slim (Birth year/quarter)
2. Restored Klenzo brush with TGN Finest knot
3. MER Shaving Duck Sauce soap
4. Vintage Old Spice Mug
5. Personna Lab Blue Blade

For such a fine gentleman, I say...let the reveling begin today!!!!
:happybday::badger::a50::badger::jump::badger:

Hard to believe that it is time to turn the big "50". I can say that my Slim has held up better than I have.

I'm also jealous to those who have a case for their Slims. Mine lives in a manila envelope 364 days of the year.

I have to add that, I happened to see this PIF posting today (11/30/17)! It was a happy coincidence!:) TODAY is MY birthday! So, I was quite happy to see a birthday celebration of sorts on B&B! Today of all days.:) Neat!:)

And for those of you keeping score, I share my birthday with Mark Twain, Winston Churchill, and Jonathan Swift!

I wasn't going to be in, but I may, if I can ask this:
If I shave with a Slim, and am selected, can the blades go to @gvw755 ? I'll use a Slim on his behalf.

I have to add that, I happened to see this PIF posting today (11/30/17)! It was a happy coincidence!:) TODAY is MY birthday! So, I was quite happy to see a birthday celebration of sorts on B&B! Today of all days.:) Neat!:)

And for those of you keeping score, I share my birthday with Mark Twain, Winston Churchill, and Jonathan Swift!
Happy birthday to you!!

Sweet!

Here's a funny thing: When I first joined B&B, I saw all the love for Slims. I bought one on the 'bay. It arrived with a bent bar. It's in my box of misfit razors. Some time later, I bought a Lot of razors which included another Slim. Dang, also bent. In the box it goes. Since then, I've acquired, like, 3 more, and I've still never shaved with one. I do have a couple that seem to be in OK condition, just never bothered to use one.
So this will be my first time with one.

Happy Birthday!!
I'll join in the group shave to mark the occasion with my L4 Slim so I'm also in with many thanks.
DSCF1534 (Small).JPG

I wasn't going to be in, but I may, if I can ask this:
If I shave with a Slim, and am selected, can the blades go to @gvw755 ? I'll use a Slim on his behalf.
Glenn,

Very thoughtful of you, however I was more interested in getting in on the shave celebration than the blades. I guess when I asked to be in, I meant shaving along with a non Slim and not getting into the PIF. I guess that good Karma thing is working for me already.;-)

Top Bottom