What's new

John Varvatos

I saw a review here on the JV Vintage, but nothing on the original. Would someone please comment about or review the original?

I think it is aninteresting and complex scent. Definitely underrated. It has some fruity, fig, date, and other smoky notes. You should try it though as some find it underwhelming. I also recommend trying the vintage version of the fragrance (it is not really vintage, but it is just the name) which manages to smell old school and modern at the same time.

I have both John Varvatos and Varvatos Vintage. Both are very good IMO, especially for the price. I got a 75ml bottle of Varvatos for $19.99 at TJ Maxx and bought a 125ml Vintage for <$30 off Amazon. I would say I like the original a little better, but they are similar to me and both good. I can smell more fruit in Vintage and more leather in the original. I like wearing these to work and they last a long time on me, can still smell it when I get home in 8+ hours. You can read more about it here, they have a ton of reviews for the original:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122565.html

I also smelled his new fragrance, Artisan, a couple times and might pick that one up also when I can get it cheaper. Its a lot different than the other two, its lighter and more of a summer scent. Its orangey and woody which I like.

John Varvatos was recommended to me when I was looking for a leather cologne. I recall liking the sample I received of it but never bought it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I once tried both in a higher end department store, and I liked the Varvatos better than the Vintage. It is on my list to get one day....

Great fragrance, leather, fruity notes, kind of a mixture of old school and something more modern. Downside - quite poor longevity.

Top Bottom