What's new

joe2k1's shavette journey 2.0

I am finding that I need to wait a few days in between shaves to get a really great shave.. almost BBS.. perhaps in the DFS range for certain.. I was a little short on time, so I just did my cheeks with a fresh proguard blade. I did a hair test, it skipped and eventually completely sliced a freshly plucked hair. Here are my tools below:

proxy.php

Dear sirs, any harm using feather ac dx shavette everyday? Mostly i use feather as d2 cause its mild but want to use ac dx exclusively. Any skin irritation, fatigue?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Good stuff, Joe! Keep at it and you'll be a daily shaver with it before you know it.

Dear sirs, any harm using feather ac dx shavette everyday? Mostly i use feather as d2 cause its mild but want to use ac dx exclusively. Any skin irritation, fatigue?
Everyone has different skin sensitivity. I have not used the Feather straights, but I found Feather DE blades to be irritating to my neck. I can do 2-a-days with straights or DEs for several days on end without issue. As long as you find the right blade(s) that agree with you, I see no reason why you can't switch over to the AC DX.

Good stuff, Joe! Keep at it and you'll be a daily shaver with it before you know it.

Everyone has different skin sensitivity. I have not used the Feather straights, but I found Feather DE blades to be irritating to my neck. I can do 2-a-days with straights or DEs for several days on end without issue. As long as you find the right blade(s) that agree with you, I see no reason why you can't switch over to the AC DX.

Thank you

Another DFS on this holiday monday in Canada! I did not cut myself at all with the Feather AC! However, I am still sticking to the cheeks at this time. I switched over to my Mergress to finish off the shave. I used my never ending brick of Cella (maybe 40% remaining). I am trying to 3017 (my take on that term) with some success. Of course I had to treat myself to the new RR/Synergy HTGAM, The Beach shaving soap. Smells great, it seems to work with my skin (its a vegetable based shaving soap). Thanks to everyone for your feedback!

proxy.php

I did two shaves this week.. one on sunday and today... I tried my usual cheek north to south, was soo happy that I decided to try a second pass going east to west... I cannot believe how close it is! I did finish up again with my DE, but the alum block stun all over! Great shave! As usual thanks for all the feedback.

I keep thinking about picking up a Feather AC to add to the collection. Nice looking gear for sure. I love the look of the Mergress, but I don't like the shave I get from the Progress, and the upgraded parts won't change that aspect, unfortunately.

I wasn't always that fond of that mergress! I have rotated to my vintage gillette's finding them too mild, so I do like that I can crank up the aggressiveness of the mergress whenever I want. I see the slant razors are the hot trend these days. I have never tried one. I am having too much fun with that feather ac.

I got to try out a Progress, and I couldn't get the the shave to click between blade selection and angle. I love the Gillette adjustables, all 4 variants. After those, my primary DE loves are a couple Open Comb varieties. I still prefer straights and shavettes most times, though.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Nice to see you starting to get more use from the Feather. Try using just that for your Saturday and Sunday shaves. Even if it's not a super shave, unless you need to go out somewhere special, don't sweat it. Once you are in the "weekend = straight shaves" mode, try adding Wednesday in.

Thanks for the feedback.. I shaved last week and today.. here is a photo of my tools from last week, yes I'm still using the feather AC! It felt awkward using my right hand to shave the left side of my face.. but other than that it was a good shave.. today I love the way my skin feels!

proxy.php

I'm really curious about the ACs myself, but I need to try to keep the RAD under control. I didn't know there was a lemon WH?!?!

Anyway, best of luck and keep up the good work!

Saturday relaxed shave, again I seemed to have some issues with the left side of my face. I had some bright red spots, I blame me. I finished with my mergress. I would rate it as a DFS. In other news my Fine and RR orders arrived! Great products, still testing them but not disappointed so far.

Last edited:
After a long while, I decided to start shaving again. Yes, I grew bread for the summer months. I believe I started mid July. Yesterday, I shaved it right off. I am still amazed at the sharpness of the feather AC system. I did a fairly quick beard prep and the blade just cut through with very very little effort.. no cuts either! Looking forward to many more feather AC shaves in the future, although I did use my Mergress for some nose/neck patches.

proxy.php

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Welcome back to the world of the clean shaven, Joe!
Yes, using a straight to decimate a beard is in a single swipe is simply something you just can't do with a cart or DE. No cuts after a good layoff is pretty encouraging in my books.

Hi folks! I have returned to feather AC straight world! I have thinned my shave den quite a bit by offering a number of PIFs over the last year or so. I have been using various DE razors since my last post. Today I decided to switch back and see if I can re-learn everything. I went very easy working and worked on my cheeks and no blood or weepers. I'd love to hear some comments on the holding the feather from you folks.

proxy.php

and a close up the Feather SS with the ProGuard loaded

proxy.php

Top Bottom