What's new

joe2k1's shavette journey 2.0

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
proxy.php

:lol: Welcome back, my friend.

Thanks very much Sam! I do enjoy reading your daily shaving journal! At one point I was on a mission to locate a NOS injector. Never did find it. How does the CJB differ from your kamisori?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
One has my edge and the other has a good one. :tongue_sm
Anytime you want to try any of my stuff (CJB, Injector, Azuma Kamisori, Wapienica) you let me know.

Thanks Sam :p

Last night I tried another shave with the Feather AC. I did both cheeks!! Got two small weepers but still so impressed with the sharpness factor. The audio feedback is just amazing! Mowing the lawn? I used my Mergress to finish off. I did take a photo but it was almost the same gear as my previous photo.

Thanks Shave_Rat!

I decided to take off the beard today. Again, I went with just working on the cheeks with the feather ac. This time only one minor weep on my right cheek. Still feels awkward switching hands. I finished off my mergress again. I got a new things in my shave den. I've been curious about the Saponificio Varesino, I'm still in the process of evaluating them but they all smell great!

proxy.php

I decided to regain my confidence with my trusty feather AC with a brief shave. I believe my style of shaving is more suited to straight handle versus the folding version. Perhaps my best choice would be CJB if I can find one! Any comments on this?

Recently I acquired my own shick injector. You can read about it here and the thread I started about proper identification of that injector. Very happy to have a community full of experts who may sometimes disagree with each other!

I will add some new photos to include some of my recent acquisitions. I recently bought some of the B&M (LE Russe) soap and aftershave. I am very happy with them after a few shaves.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Thanks for the loaner, joe2k1. It came in this morning and I popped in a Dorco blade (for consistency purposes) and had what is, simply put, a GREAT shave. With just one shave, I can see me falling in love with it already.

welcome x2 [MENTION=34037]rockviper[/MENTION]. my recent shaves have turned to my newly acquired injector, does this sound familiar?? ha! photo below which was recently posted on the SOTD thread.

proxy.php

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Injectors are wonderful pieces of equipment. Even on just a few hours sleep, you can get a great shave without the same dangers inherent in using a straight while you're still half-asleep. :thumbup1:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Hey, whatcha doing posting this in the Injector thread rather than here? :lol:
Big thanks goes to [MENTION=34037]rockviper[/MENTION] for a wonderful exchange of wet shaving gear. Thanks for the speedy return of the feather ac ss aka the batman. I will be documenting my experiences with the CJB. As you can see from the photo I have plenty of blades to try out as well! Sam has recommended at least a month of shaves to get my comfort level with the CJB which he described as being more aggressive than the batman.

proxy.php

I blame sniffing too many car tailpipes :tongue_sm

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Adam, your Feather is indeed famous. [MENTION=89999]skypsyd[/MENTION] got desperate and used it in two pics in this week's radio broadcast. :tongue_sm

Have you given anything a try yet, either the CJB or the new blades in the Feather?

Adam, your Feather is indeed famous. @skypsyd got desperate and used it in two pics in this week's radio broadcast. :tongue_sm

Have you given anything a try yet, either the CJB or the new blades in the Feather?

:thumbup: with the single apparance of my batman in the B&B radio show!

not yet, just had to try a personna blade in the the schick injector, I think its better than the chicks!! Hope to try them them out shortly.

Hi folks! I finally got a chance to try out the CJB in my possession. Thanks again goes to [MENTION=34037]rockviper[/MENTION].

I decided to shave my right cheek with the CJB using my feather pro guards(x5 or x6 maybe). This resulted in two weepers on my cheek and a few tiny weepers near my chin area. (I have never used anything but Feather blades in my Feather AC SS so uncharted territory) I switched to Kai Captain Mild, with me assuming that mild would result in a milder shave using the CJB. You can visually see that the Kai Captain Milds stick out less than the Feather Pro guards. I thought the more blade exposure, the more aggressive the shave. I did have one weeper on my neck area from the Kai so I decided to throw in the towel (it wasn't that bad) and switch to my DE to finish off the shave. I don't use the alum blocks anymore but I can tell the cheek that got the feather pro guard shave would be stinging quite a bit but the skin is not irritated or showing red. Here's a photo to show what I used (nothing out of my usual routine) so I will regroup in a few days and try again with just the Kai blade. Of course I always welcome any feedback both good and bad!

proxy.php

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
If you got only weepers rather than a nice slice, I'd say you did pretty good. The head profile of the CJB and non-Feather SSs provide MUCH more blade exposure that the SS; the SS's bump seems to me to make it a much milder straight than the CJB I think. A lighter touch is very much needed, and the angle is much flatter to the face.

Thanks Sam! I'm excited to try again and see what I can do. I must say I enjoy holding the CJB versus the Feather AC SS.

its been almost two months since I've posted an update. I am shaving at least 3-4 times a week now. Every single time I am using the CJB. (Thanks [MENTION=34037]rockviper[/MENTION]) I must say I have got to the point (say in the last week or so) where I can shave my cheeks without any blood! I run into trouble with my neck and upper lip/chin area. I would love to hear some tips regarding these areas.

Top Bottom