What's new

joe2k1's shavette journey 2.0

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Progress is good, Adam! BTW hold on to the CJB until Nov, as I'll be away for a few weeks later this month.

The two main things that come to mind are :
- pressure
- angle

I would be interested to know if you are getting the similar results with your Batman Feather? Or have you just stayed with the CJB? I have found the Batman to be easier to use and gentler than the CJB. It must be the voodoo magic in the bump.

A few more questions:
- are you just going NS/WTG or also using other passes?
- With your WTG pass, are you still getting nicks and weepers?

Many of us have the neck hair change direction in the bottom inch, so you might want to first shave UP on the neck for that 1-1.5" to address that hair before starting your normal pass.

FYI - I only go NS or EW on the moustache area. No ATG there for me, as I value my nose.

No problem! I will touch base with you in November.

I tried the Batman Feather a few times but the CJB is just much easier to hold.

I only using N/S on my cheeks. It is very rare for me to get any nicks or weepers. If I do they are about the size of a pin hole. I am also going WTG on my neck area beneath my cheeks. I am still using my injector to finish off my neck area (under my chin). I still use that "Adam's apple squeeze" that you demonstrated many moons ago. Thanks for the tips and feedback Sam!

I haven't written much about the new blades that I recently acquired.

I've tried the dorco's a number of times. Unfortunately I prefer them the least. They always seem to tug! Memories of my cartridge days!!!
The Kai mild and the non-mild version produce the most weepers even with N/S using the CJB. Believe it or not I feel the most comfort using my Feather Pro Guards in the CJB.

Progress is good, Adam! BTW hold on to the CJB until Nov, as I'll be away for a few weeks later this month.

The two main things that come to mind are :
- pressure
- angle

I would be interested to know if you are getting the similar results with your Batman Feather? Or have you just stayed with the CJB? I have found the Batman to be easier to use and gentler than the CJB. It must be the voodoo magic in the bump.

A few more questions:
- are you just going NS/WTG or also using other passes?
- With your WTG pass, are you still getting nicks and weepers?

Many of us have the neck hair change direction in the bottom inch, so you might want to first shave UP on the neck for that 1-1.5" to address that hair before starting your normal pass.

FYI - I only go NS or EW on the moustache area. No ATG there for me, as I value my nose.

Update

I have switched back to the my trusty Feather AC (batman) as I prep the CJB to find its way back to its owner (thanks Sam!) early next month. I had 3 tiny weepers from my batman during this mornings shave. I am rocking a goatee so this helps me avoid this most difficult area when using the batman or CJB! I am getting more comfortable with neck area using either the CJB or the batman! Practice makes perfect as they say. Thanks again to all who read and responded to this thread! I will continue to update it from time to time.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Update

I have switched back to the my trusty Feather AC (batman) as I prep the CJB to find its way back to its owner (thanks Sam!) early next month. I had 3 tiny weepers from my batman during this mornings shave. I am rocking a goatee so this helps me avoid this most difficult area when using the batman or CJB! I am getting more comfortable with neck area using either the CJB or the batman! Practice makes perfect as they say. Thanks again to all who read and responded to this thread! I will continue to update it from time to time.
If you haven't mailed the CJB back already, it's yours! Merry Hallo-Bingle-Ween-Christmas :thumbup1:

Here's an update folks. I had a partial beard for most of November. Today I decided to fully remove my beard. I used my CJB but decided to use a feather professional! Well I cut myself in one spot and switched to my injector to finish up. I usually stick to my proguards but have used the professional's in October without any issues.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Still have your nose? And, no, I don't mean if you have it safely stored in a pickle bottle. :lol:

Top Bottom