What's new

Jerry Garcia Ties

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Holy 90's Batman! (RIP Adam West). Yeah, I've got one. I bust it out occasionally, and it looks alright as long as the rest of my outfit toned down. I try to be very intentional about it because it is a rather dated look. Kinda fits in the GTH category these days. I always loved the irony of these ties; I don't think Jerry wore a tie a day in his life. Rock on, Jerry Garcia tie lovers!

WOW. I had one once - can't figure out what ever happened to it though. My wife probably wouldn't let me wear it though anyways. She's probably the one who "lost it" on me.

I have a bunch but have never worn any of them for some reason. I think they look pretty good for the most part.

Believe-it-or-not, I have even come across a few at the local Salvation Army Family store. They are invariably in excellent condition and for a buck a piece I just cannot resist.
Thrifts are the place to find ties.

P1070696.JPG P1070697.JPG P1070698.JPG P1070699.JPG As promised, here are the Jerry Garcia ties I have in my rotation. I actually wear them almost, if not more, often as other ties in my collection.

P1070693.JPGP1070694.JPG

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
WOW. I had one once - can't figure out what ever happened to it though. My wife probably wouldn't let me wear it though anyways. She's probably the one who "lost it" on me.
It would go real with the plague mask. One of my daughter's goals is to possess the world's largest collection of them.

Way too loud for my taste. Also I'm not a fan of him.

Ha, ha, I must confess they are loud ties :117:, but I manage to pull them off by wearing mostly solid color shirts and more reserved colors and patterned sport jackets (when going business casual) and suits (when going business formal).

Tim

I have three or four hidden away somewhere, but I hardly wear ties now I'm retired. I only liked a small proportion of the designs, but some were really appealing and stylish, and lent a touch of flamboyance to an otherwise dull business suit setup.

I must get round to listening to some of his music one of these days...

I don't have any, but I find it amusing that a guy who probably never wore a tie, was in a band of guys who probably never wore ties and played to sold-out shows to people not wearing ties would make ties. Tye-dyes, maybe, but not ties.
If you like 'em, wear 'em!

The designs are just based on his artwork. Being a fan of the Dead is not required. Marketing being what it is, the name recognition probably helps. Even folks who don't necessarily like the Dead know who Jerry Garcia is.

I'm not sure I've ever heard a Grateful Dead song; I bought four JG ties just because I liked the designs.

I've also got three Donald J Trump Collection shirts (made in China), but that doesn't mean...whoops, no politics allowed!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I don't have any, but I find it amusing that a guy who probably never wore a tie, was in a band of guys who probably never wore ties and played to sold-out shows to people not wearing ties would make ties. Tye-dyes, maybe, but not ties.
If you like 'em, wear 'em!

I hear what you're saying. Sort like a line of Grateful Dead shoes.

Is that the guy who makes that expensive ice cream? :001_302:

My oldest son gave me one as a gift years ago. However, I rarely wore it because it really didn't go with any of the suits I owned.

Top Bottom