What's new

Jeremy Fragrances

Has anyone tried these? I guess there are two now in a series of releases: Office and Date.

I guess Jeremy has become a controversial figure. I used to like his You Tube videos. Now he seems a bit smarmy.

Come back Luca Turin, come back to us now!

Also, I watched a post video of Edwin Creed trying Office on a strip for a few seconds and saying it seemed nice. I do think that anyone can tell all that much about an scent from essentially just the top note smelling a piece of paper. I think Mr Creed asks for a sample, but I do not know of follow-up. I think way, way too much online scent commentary is based on quick sniffs of sprays on paper! Seems amateurish to me.

Has anyone tried these? I guess there are two now in a series of releases: Office and Date.

I guess Jeremy has become a controversial figure. I used to like his You Tube videos. Now he seems a bit smarmy.

Come back Luca Turin, come back to us now!

Also, I watched a post video of Edwin Creed trying Office on a strip for a few seconds and saying it seemed nice. I do think that anyone can tell all that much about an scent from essentially just the top note smelling a piece of paper. I think Mr Creed asks for a sample, but I do not know of follow-up. I think way, way too much online scent commentary is based on quick sniffs of sprays on paper! Seems amateurish to me.

I have not tried Jeremy's frags and I never will at current prices. But the last part of your post is spot-on IMO. I think scents NEED to be thoroughly tested before they are purchased. Usually, I will go through the following process rigorously before I buy:

- spray on paper strip
- if I like, spray on wrist
- if I still like scent and longevity, ask for sample to take home
- use sample up and see if I am still passionate about the scent

most scents fail for me in step 2 already. Practically all then fail in step 4 because wearing a scent on the wrist and near your neck are very different things to me and the body chemistry really is different. There are TONS of fragrances that I SHOULD like on paper, but that wear horribly on me (Penhaligon's English Fern and Douro among them) and a number of fragrances that work surprisingly well.

IMO, only after having truly worn a sample in the normal context (applied after shower and before leaving the house) can one truly determine a scent.

I have a decant of Office for Men. I have not tried Date, as it was just released. I really like Office. It is crisp and fresh with great longevity and decent projection. It is much more modern than Acqua di Gio and much brighter and crisper than Bleu de Chanel.

The only issue I have with Office is that it is clearly a “designer” quality fragrance and would compete very well in that space. However, Jeremy has chosen to price it and brand it as a niche fragrance.

At $180 a bottle it is up against far more stiff competition. At $95 a bottle, it would be considered one of the best new scents on the market and, as an aside, would be my preference over many other designer frags. My plan is to grab a couple bottles in the current BOGO deal and enjoy it.

Last edited:
I think the BOGO sort of effectively brings the price down to $95 a bottle. I think the pricing is a reaction to the market, and we have supply and demand at work. I mean it would be easy enough to get two bottle and sell one on ebay at cost. Or even on B&B, as I recall the sales rules. It is a full bottle, not a decant for instance. I would have to check the rules.

Re the "testing" frags, I was not really thinking about the retail consumer evaluating the scent before buying a bottle. I rarely consder buying full bottles anyway. I usually just get decants or, say, samples like Imaginary Authors has. It has been a very long time since I have gone through a bottle of anything. But I wholly agree with steffenapalz that I would actually want to wear a scent, probably at least twice, before I bought an entire bottle. On a wrist, would probably be good enough for me, though.

What I was addressing is someone like Edwin Creed purporting to evaluate a scent based soley on a quick sniff of a freshly sprayed paper. Literally all he would be getting would be the top notes. Most, but not all good scents, evolve. Even if a particular one did not, how would one know that without sniffing it over time as it dries down and then goes through whatever process a scernt goes through after it dries down. I think I probably could "evaluate" a scent as a general matter without wearing it by smelling it on paper, but I would have to smell it over time. I am very sure that Edwin Creed can do that. I am also sure that no one can reasonably evaluate a scent rom a quick sniff of a freshly sprayed piece of paper.

This does not mean there have not been scents that belw me away with the first sniffs and which kept it up as the scent evolved.

I didn't think anyone on this forum would've known about Jeremy Fragrances. I've never purchased and don't plan onto. The way the bottle looks and the way he markets his brand, is just off-putting and sleazy. Jeremy got me to explore better brands out there and did thorough reviews on the fragrances. He got a taste of the glam life and decided that was enough for him. He never went back to reviewing fragrances like he used to. Just uploaded old videos when he didn't have a video on his cologne brand.

I've read comments that people got ripped off in the pricing promotions as well as never getting their orders, and that Jeremy would just leave them out in the dark when they inquired. Don't know if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think Jeremy always had a taste for the glam life. Wasn't he a professional model? I thought he was a decent scent reviewer, especially for popular scents. I sort of fell off Jeremy when if the midst of a big Patreon push, he bought himself a Ferrari. I mean, I might not mind contributing some money to help keep a You Tube series I like up and running, but what does Jeremy having a Ferrari have to do with that? That seemed like a rip off in progress.

On the other hand, he seems to know scents, to have a decent nose, and to have contacts in the industry. No reason why he could not come up with a series of really good scents. I have no idea whether he did or not. I suspect his problems have more to do with his being an inexperienced businessman and being overextended than any bad intent on his part. But that does not help the consumer!

I never will buy anything from Jeremy Fragrance at any price. The whole naming scheme alone is a turnoff (and that is the least of my issues with anything Jeremy is hawking). The whole “theme” behind his brand/channel is ridiculous and disgusting, IMO.

I never will buy anything from Jeremy Fragrance at any price. The whole naming scheme alone is a turnoff (and that is the least of my issues with anything Jeremy is hawking). The whole “theme” behind his brand/channel is ridiculous and disgusting, IMO.
There are colognes I could pay almost $200 for a cologne, but his isn't one of them.

I just watched a series of videos on Creed Aventus Cologne and I have to say that I found Jeremy's, from June 2019, the most useful to me. So to me his videos reviewing scents, even the more recent ones, have been quite good. I like his nose and he is able to articulate what is going on in the scent--better than most reviewers are able to--and make good comparisons to other scents. His knowledge of the background of current scents is good, too. I am frankly impressed.

I still have not tried either of his own scents, but I would again say that there is no overt reason that I see that he could not come up with excellent scents. I personally like his concept of "this scent is for the office and this one is for dates." Heaven knows that most of the scent consuming public could use some guidance in this regard. I could probably use some guidance in this area! I like Jeremy's overall approach of will women like this particular scent, by asking real women. Seems to me that lots of men wear scents with the thought of being attractive to the opposite gender. I think it admirable on some level for Jeremy to be upfront about this.

Today I am at the office and wearing Profumum Olibanum. Smells like Christmas to me. To me, a masterpiece of frankincense and citrus. I am guessing it would not be suggested as a typical office scent by many, nor thought of as a female attracter. I am not sure what I think of that. It helps make me happy and calm, and I feel like its maker knew what he was doing.

BTW, Luca Turin has apparently reviewed Aventus--four stars. I cannot find a copy or even a quote from that review on line and and I cannot find that he has reviewed Aventus Cologne. So I guess my request that he come back to us, was not appropriate, as he is here somewhere. Still my favorite perfume reviewer.

Yes, Turin did indeed rate it 4 stars in his latest Perfume the Guide book released earlier this year. It isn't a favorite of mine, but there is no denying its sales success. Aventus Cologne I think was released too late to make the cut from an inclusion standpoint in the current "The Guide." While Aventus Cologne is not the kind of thing I personally would wear so I don't follow it closely, the mentions I have seen of it on perfume sites like Basenotes from Creed fans seem to indicate it is a bit disappointing.

As far as Turin goes, while I sometimes disagree with his findings, I usually find his reviews inciteful, and frequently quite witty (the pans are the most fun to read). I personally think even mentioning Jeremy in the same sentence with Turin is an insult to Turin (oops, I think I just did that). ;-)

I guess I need to break down and buy the latest edition of the Turin book.

the mentions I have seen of it on perfume sites like Basenotes from Creed fans seem to indicate it is a bit disappointing.

That is probably right, but the disappointment seems to be for a variety of reasons, among them that Creed should not be in the business of creating flankers, which is neither here nor there to me. I personally thought that Jeremy's analysis was fairly unbiased and insightful. I suppose he would say something like Aventus Cologne is something of a fresher tweak of Aventus, neither better or worse than Aventus, just somewhat different.

I guess, as to me, Aventus was never a favorite scent to me and seems very expensive for what it is, but I understand and respect its popularity. So far, I think the Aventus Cologne is as good, particularly on my wife.

I personally think even mentioning Jeremy in the same sentence with Turin is an insult to Turin

Luca Turin is something of a hero to me. I feel he has influenced me as to scents more than anyone else has or possibly could. Sort of like Robert Parker as to wine. To me he is a giant in the field of perfume reviewers. I actually cannot think of a scent off the top of my head that I disagree strongly with Mr. Turin about, although I wold say that he likes gourmands more than I do. I cannot think of anyone else who is not an actually well respected perfume maker who really deserves to have their name in the same sentence with his.

But this is not a dis to Jeremy as a reviewer. I think his reviews are for the most part pretty good quality. I do not think Jeremy is trying to be Luca Turin. If he is, I do not think he has hit the mark, for a variety of reasons.

Okay, I am caught up on Luca Turin now. I downloaded in Kindle the 2008 Perfume Guide. I had misunderstood what it was. What he says about Aventus, dry citrus, fruity, that envelops the wearer, seems about right. Lots he says I disagree with. He does not seem to get Imaginary Authors, for the most part. Lots of scents he does not cover at all. Lots he covers I do not know at all. So, nevermind. :)

Wow, some substantial thread drift caused by the OP here--me. But I will update my original question, has anyone, in the meantime, actually tried these Jeremy frags? I still have not.

I did read one review, I guess it was of Date rather than Office--are they both by Alberto Morillas?--said that the frag smells like a mixture of Aventus and Dior Sauvage. That actually strikes me as the most indefensible of results. A guy--Jeremy, not Alberto, in this instance--holds himself out as an expert evaluator of scents, I personally think he does have an excellent nose and shows lots and lots of knowledge--comes out with a supposedly blockbuster scent, and what he puts out is something that smells like a mix of the two perhaps most popular men's frags, or at least most highly touted in one's own You Tube videos. Seems like kind of a weak, obvious effort. As if it turned out that you ready did not have anything to add to the world of fragrances at all.

On the other hand, I think it is extremely hard to create a good new scent, much less one that is distinct from what has come before. It has to be taking a huge chance to release any new scent.

I did have a look at Alberto Morillas' scent creations, and he appears to be the real thing as a scentmaker. Although most of what he gets credit for as a creator, I do not know, and the ones i do know seem fairly commercial, maybe desginer, and not exactly masterpieces that really moved the ball--CK One, Tommy, Givenchy PI, Versace Pour Homme. One would have to give it to him for Acqua di Gio, I suppose, and maybe Thierry Mugler Cologne. Props for AdG, for sure.

@The Knize saw a 60% off deal on Office and nearly pulled the trigger today, but I have three more decants coming of some other fragrances, I need to slow down lol.

To start, Jeremy is a fictitious name. I believe he's Daniel something, some ordinary name. And he's also a fraud, IMO, bc he's selling $10 fragrances in budget packaging for north of $200/ea. There are too many beautiful, reasonably priced fragrances out there to bother with his hype. My apology for the strong words but I followed him on Youtube for a while and he just outgrew reality.

Most people either love him or hate him. To me he's ok, however I haven't tried his fragrances because I do not know what to expect from ~100€ bottle. Thing is as OP said that it's a mixture of 2 most popular scents, for that price, if you want a good popular scent you can buy Dior Sauvage or Le male (even in 200 mL)

I cannot believe I still have not tried these scents.

Again, whatever I might think of Jeremy personally, thought he had a good nose. I would be delighted if someone with a good nose who had spent a lot of time in the, for want of a better term, general consumer retail environment, came up with interesting scents that were excellent and exquisitely well-tuned to the 2020 Office and Dating spaces.

Most people either love him or hate him. To me he's ok, however I haven't tried his fragrances because I do not know what to expect from ~100€ bottle. Thing is as OP said that it's a mixture of 2 most popular scents, for that price, if you want a good popular scent you can buy Dior Sauvage or Le male (even in 200 mL)
Agreed.

Top Bottom