What's new

J Moreton co. Ltd. in Purpleheart Restore

This one came from one of our down under members Andy, Hope you like the way she turned out sir...

Razor info here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90418

I tore this one all the way down and started at 80 grit Greaseless compound on the low speed buffer took her dancing all the way up to 600 grit...
I switched to Emory compound and the high speed buffer up through White Rouge and a near perfect mirror finsih... I still need to hone her out tomorrow and get in a test shave :001_tt1:

The scales were Andy's choice of Purpleheart and a simple shape I added the brass lined ebony wedge to set it off... The hardware is all brass with stacked washers... The finish is a handrubed 8 coats of Tru-Oil then buffed to a sheen with Renwax...

View attachment 62870

View attachment 62871

View attachment 62872

View attachment 62873

View attachment 62874

Last edited:
Very nice.

Quick question. I just made my own lightbox this weekend and my razor in purpleheart does not show up very well in the box. I mean that the color of the scales look muted compared to pictures taken outside the box. When I stick it in the light box it comes out similar to yours, but yours looks "brighter." Is that just something the box does? If so, those scales must look so much better in person!

In answer to yer question Leighton "I have NO clue"

I can tell you this, the pics were taken in a light box, The color in person is slightly more purple and way smoother... I think some of this might come from the macro lens :confused:

I have never taken great pics, this has never been a problem, as when people get their razors, the normal pm is "Dude this razor looks way better in person" "Glen you take crap photos" :blush:

In the grand scheme of things I am much happier taking crap photos, and having happy customers, then the other way around.... :tongue_sm

Top Bottom