What's new

J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
My first ever ink review. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'll keep it brief.

J. Herbin Pouilly-Fuissé Poussiere de Lune-

I love this color. I see now what you mean by shading. It dries faster than the PR fast dry, and I find it very easy on the eyes. Just enough gray to keep it interesting. I'd buy it again.

Could you put up a scan, or writing sample? I'd like to get an idea of what this ink looks like.

I do not want to flog any particular seller's web site, but Google it and I think you will find any number of posted samples.

I do find that such posted scans often do not seem to convey what the ink looks like in person, and that looking at bunch of diffferent scans in different places for some reason gives one a better idea of what it really looks like.

I have to admit that when BrianW first was turning me on to this ink, I was skeptical of a "purple" ink. But this is truly one of my very favorite inks, too. There is something very evocative about this hue of inks. It must remind me of other things I cannot quite put my finger on. A surprisingly versatile color, too. And a good "performer" in every way I can think of.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
What I like about it is that it seems very subdued, whereas a lot of colors that veer from the standard blue/blacks tend to be a bit too flamboyant.

This makes me hesitant to try a lot of reds, greens, or oranges, although Iroshizuku's Yu-yake and Momiji, Diamine's Oxblood, J. Herbin's Ambre de Birmanie, Rouille d'Ancre, and Vert Reseda, and Noodler's Zhivago may cause me to change my mind.

What I like about it is that it seems very subdued, whereas a lot of colors that veer from the standard blue/blacks tend to be a bit too flamboyant.

This makes me hesitant to try a lot of reds, greens, or oranges, although Iroshizuku's Yu-yake and Momiji, Diamine's Oxblood, J. Herbin's Ambre de Birmanie, Rouille d'Ancre, and Vert Reseda, and Noodler's Zhivago may cause me to change my mind.

This is why I can't go for the Ink Drop...I tried crazy colors and I can't handle it. I do like more saturated inks, though. Poussiere de Lune isn't quite there for me.

I was wondering when you would reach the tipping point with this new AD. Looks like I can stop wondering now.

Top Bottom