What's new

J.B. Williams & Co. business card 1870

This is the oldest 'Williams' collectible in my collection. The 3"X5" card has an incorrect date of establishment (1845) printed on the front. The flip side of the card has a price list and makes mention that J.B. Williams & Co. has been in business for thirty years.
IMG_1137.JPG
IMG_1138.JPG

Last edited:
Amazing! The rarest business card I have is from the ‘50’s and is for a tattooer in Chicago. Not as old or as pretty as this though

Amazing! The rarest business card I have is from the ‘50’s and is for a tattooer in Chicago. Not as old or as pretty as this though
Thank you. It kind of reminds me of old currency. I am a little surprised that they messed up the date on the card.

Would love to get a look at their Pocket Shaving Soap and Clipper Shaving Soap. Never knew they existed.

What’s the date supposed to be. Maybe it was an advertising ploy to best a competitor. People did funny things back then to promote themselves and their business

i wonder if there was some sort of corporate re-org in 1845.
originally company was advertised as williams & bros.
I was going to ask this yesterday. This is pre LLC. Companies were partnerships or pooled investors. It looks to like the Williams brothers wanted to go their separate ways and J.B. found some investors to buy them out.

Top Bottom