What's new

Iwasaki Kamisori company information?

I haven't been able to find anything about the company other than the city it's in.

I can't find a website, contact number, nothing.

Next year I am travelling to Korea and Japan and I'm hoping to pick up a few mementos while I'm there and a Kamisori was one of them. I am hoping I can visit the craftsman at the workshop and buy it directly as it will be another memory associated with my trip when I use it.

Any information greatly appreciated.

In the woodworking tools world a lot of blacksmith shops are pretty fiercely loyal to their distributors... your best way in might actually be to contact a distributor to try and set up a visit, and if it’s a social faux pas the distributor will gently talk you out of it.

If you do get in, make sure to figure out what drinks or smokes to bring! I know at least three woodworkers who got tools made of unobtanium vintage cast steels because they went humbly bearing gifts. No matter what any schmuck on here says, those unobtanium tools are tangibly better than the normal modern alloys probably just because they’re what the smith enjoys working with the most and keeps hidden in the back of his shed.

Top Bottom