What's new

I've been banned from MethodShaving.com forum!

Well, friends, I must have really ticked someone off, because this morning I went to the MethodShaving.com site, clicked on "Forum" and was treated to this message:
vBulletin Message:
You have been banned for the following reason:
None
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I can't imagine what I could have done to deserve being banned.
I clicked on "Contact Us" and sent a message telling the admins what happened and asking why. I'm assuming this is a mistake or some sort of error. I put down my email address, but have yet to receive a response.

~Tim
proxy.php

I once got the boot from a forum because I had a link on my website to a software vendor that the forum owner objected to. Seems that there were two versions of a popular piece of software, one retail and the other shareware, with two different copyrights. As it turned out, the programmer had been in a dispute with the concept guy. They split up, with the programmer turning over the completed project, but retaining the source code. He recompiled it with a couple of changes and then started distributing it as shareware. The owner of the forum was a friend of the concept guy, so any reference to the shareware was grounds for an automatic ban.

AceHarddrive,
I belong to a number of different Internet forums and this type of practice seems to go hand in hand with the atmosphere of hostility that they epitomise. I think that a large number of fora are dominated by thought Nazi's who don't seem to realise that the fundamental purpose of any forum is a free exchange of ideas, not to have their narrow minded views forced onto everyone else. As an example, I have always been a passionate conservationist, and to that end I finance a facility that maintains various endangered animals; I made the mistake of going onto an online herpetology forum, and for reasons known only to themselves, was targeted by a group of individuals who ended up sending death threats to me. What's worse because of the cliquey atmosphere of the forum in question I was the one who ended up having my character blackened. As far as I was concerned the whole thing was hysterical, death threats from people who didn't even have the backbone to reveal their true identities. But as someone who has dedicated a large amount of time and money to help further various conservation efforts the initial accusations were distressing and certainly unfounded.
Ultimately, you have to feel sorry for them, locked away in the basements of their parents homes their lives are empty and pathetic.
Anyway, you have B&B, who needs another shaving forum?

Alex, this group is one of the nicest I ever had the pleasure of being a member of. I love it, and I wish I'd joined it earlier!

Jeff

Alex,

I'll tell you this much, the story you relayed is not atypical to these type of fora. For people supposedly exchanging free ideas, it almost breeds a cult-like community, etc. I recall, I think it was at "the other wetshaving forum" :wink: that someone had exhibited that they really wanted to get into wetshaving, but were concerned about the badgers that were killed to make the brushes and wanted info about possible alternatives. This person was raked over the coals by damn near every member that responded to that post. While I do not share the same concern over badgers, I did respect that persons wishes and desire to keep a clean conscience and find alternatives to badger hair. I found it disgusting at the verbal assault launched at this person for their "stupid" ideas when all he wanted to know was if there was an alternative. This person had a right to his opinion just like everyone else did.

Moral to the story, I greatly limit my internet forum involvement anymore. This is about the only place I post anymore because it may just be the last civil place out there. I've never once here felt limited in my conversation content or like anyone is in danger of getting their feelings hurt over other people's opinions. Maybe because this forum has real men posting here, who share a mutual respect for one another and are not engaging in verbal warfare or intellectual masturbation to see who can prove that they know the most.

Tim,

Don't lose a wink of sleep over it.

AceHarddrive said:
Well, friends, I must have really ticked someone off, because this morning I went to the MethodShaving.com site, clicked on "Forum" and was treated to this message:

I clicked on "Contact Us" and sent a message telling the admins what happened and asking why. I'm assuming this is a mistake or some sort of error. I put down my email address, but have yet to receive a response.

~Tim
proxy.php
Based on the fact that the forum you have mentioned averages 1 new post per month, you should not have too difficult a time finding something to replace all the time you spent there reading new posts. If, however, you do need somthing to fill that void, might I suggest belching the alphabet.:lol:

Kyle said:
Based on the fact that the forum you have mentioned averages 1 new post per month, you should not have too difficult a time finding something to replace all the time you spent there reading new posts. If, however, you do need somthing to fill that void, might I suggest belching the alphabet.:lol:

:eek: :biggrin: :lol:

That line by itself deserves to be a sticky!

Randy

i got kicked out of the girls bathroom back in grade school....I was 23 at the time....:w00t:

I go thrown out of a hatter's forum, because, even though he didn't "swindle" me, I exposed him on his fradulant practices...he actually argued with me until , he couldn't compete with my simple logic and booted me....

I have been reprimanded for some misappropriate things i have said or posted...(can you believe that ???) in tweo shaving forums, but now they are getting use to me and don't care anymore....:001_smile

mark the shoeshine boy

mark the shoeshine boy said:
i got kicked out of the girls bathroom back in grade school....I was 23 at the time....:w00t:
HAHAHA!:a14:

mark the shoeshine boy said:
I have been reprimanded for some misappropriate things i have said or posted...(can you believe that ???) in two shaving forums, but now they are getting use to me and don't care anymore....:001_smile

mark the shoeshine boy
Kill 'em with persistence!

AceHarddrive said:

~Tim
proxy.php
That's what you get for calling CAR a heterosexual and Adam & Brett homosapiens! That'll learn ya'.:lol:

The two posts about the "Transexual Shaving Gel" and the "Mens Back Hair Remover 4 Hairy Backs + Pregnant Women" I also posted on MethodShaving.com and ShaveMyFace.com. I wrote to Adam Mendelson and received the explanation that he banned me because he felt 1)Someone else posted them under my name or 2)I posted them to see if anyone was paying attention to the forum. I believe he thinks they are in bad taste. Adam has since apologized and restored my forum access.

Thanks guys!
~Tim 8)

randomtw said:
hmm i just registered on methodshaving.com and under the forum section i see nothing at all (nothing new has been posted in the last 30 days)? is this just me?
Perhaps this question would be more appropriately posed to the administrator at MethodShaving.com?

Top Bottom