What's new

I've been away, and here's why.

Hey all...kinda haven't been around. There's a couple of reasons.

1. I've been working a band camp at the same high school, sixth consecutive year. I went there this past week from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. every day, M-F. It's a lot of work but there's a lot of great kids in the group.

2. I got a job! I used to work for Prince William County Schools here in Virginia, but I now teach for Fairfax County Public Schools, just north of where Prince William is. I found out I got hired the day of my interview, Thursday, August 19. It looks like I have found a new line of support for my various acquisition disorders.

Hopefully things don't get too harried with my life. I'm still going to go back to graduate school and tie up my loose ends. All in all, August has been a good month.

Glad to be back on the forum.

1. I've been working a band camp at the same high school, sixth consecutive year. I went there this past week from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. every day, M-F. It's a lot of work but there's a lot of great kids in the group.

2. I got a job! I used to work for Prince William County Schools here in Virginia, but I now teach for Fairfax County Public Schools, just north of where Prince William is. I found out I got hired the day of my interview, Thursday, August 19. It looks like I have found a new line of support for my various acquisition disorders.

Hopefully things don't get too harried with my life. I'm still going to go back to graduate school and tie up my loose ends. All in all, August has been a good month.

Thats awesome man congrats! I'll buy you a beer next time we have a DC meetup to celebrate!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Nice to see you here. My kid is in band camp now, preparing for the upcoming football season. She's 13, and she loves it.

Good clean fun, as far as I'm concerned.

Nice to see you here. My kid is in band camp now, preparing for the upcoming football season. She's 13, and she loves it.

Good clean fun, as far as I'm concerned.

Good clean fun, eh?

Do yourself a favor.

Become a chaperone when the band goes on competitions...and make sure she stays out of the back of the bus.

You'll thank me later.
:lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Good clean fun, eh?

Do yourself a favor.

Become a chaperone when the band goes on competitions...and make sure she stays out of the back of the bus.

You'll thank me later.
:lol:

Been there, done that. I even have an "I have no problem going back to jail" t-shirt for just such occasions.

It must be reassuring to know that you were hired the very day you were interviewed.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom