What's new

I've been a VERY RAD boy, Pic heavy

I found a nice Kampfe Brothers set but they want $30 for it. I don't have the slightest idea how to hone/sharpen the blades! It's pretty though! I look at it everytime I go in that store and decide, nope. Wouldn't know what I'm doing so it would be a waste to buy it.

This is a bad cellphone pic (my lense cover is busted out) but you get the idea..

proxy.php

i found a nice kampfe brothers set but they want $30 for it. I don't have the slightest idea how to hone/sharpen the blades! It's pretty though! I look at it everytime i go in that store and decide, nope. Wouldn't know what i'm doing so it would be a waste to buy it.

This is a bad cellphone pic (my lense cover is busted out) but you get the idea..

proxy.php

buy that!

Congratulations, drews50, on a nice looking set!

I have a similar (but less attractive) set and have tried shaving with it using a modern blade. That back pin does pop up and help hold the blade in place. But there still tends to be a LOT of movement in the blade - especially on the corners.

I gave up about half-way through the shave.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are killing me with these amazing condition complete sets. :tongue_sm

Thanks. Yep, I tried an SE blade. The stops that are there are set to far apart to stop the blade. Nuts. More reason to get some blades restored.

I have a Star razor with bladed stop tabs just like that one, and it can take modern SE blades no problem. I am surprised that yours cannot, since mine looks exactly like yours in all other respects. The part of the head with the word Star on it moves independently of the rest of the head assembly. I usually tilt it up a little to make sure the blade is behind the stops before I flip up the blade retaining tab in the back. CoonCatBob made me a nice handle for it and it is one of my favorite shavers.

You guys are killing me with these amazing condition complete sets. :tongue_sm

I have a Star razor with bladed stop tabs just like that one, and it can take modern SE blades no problem. I am surprised that yours cannot, since mine looks exactly like yours in all other respects. The part of the head with the word Star on it moves independently of the rest of the head assembly. I usually tilt it up a little to make sure the blade is behind the stops before I flip up the blade retaining tab in the back. CoonCatBob made me a nice handle for it and it is one of my favorite shavers.

I got one that takes only wedge blades. The stops are there, but too far apart to hold a modern SE blade.

Here it is:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2521039&postcount=274

-jim

Fabulous set - an absolute stunner!!!

(Ironhammer dood - I would love to pick up that Star - if you are feeling in a great mood I will send you the 30 plus whatever taxes and money to cover the postage to Canada. It would sure make my month! I could toss in some Canadian shave cream samples - JM Frasers and Wilkinson cream and a thank you card!)

P

Pjotr

Those blades are basically little slices of straight razor. What's the betting that drews50 will develop a straight razor AD within the next month or so?

Fabulous set - an absolute stunner!!!

(Ironhammer dood - I would love to pick up that Star - if you are feeling in a great mood I will send you the 30 plus whatever taxes and money to cover the postage to Canada. It would sure make my month! I could toss in some Canadian shave cream samples - JM Frasers and Wilkinson cream and a thank you card!)

I am going to pick it up at lunch today. I haven't figured out what I am going to do with it yet.

Top Bottom