What's new

It's the Ink-quisition!

I just picked up a bottle of Visconti Blue, in their redesigned bottle, hopefully it is the bright blue that I am looking for! If I like it I will refill a International Short cartridge to use in my Gravitas Copper Pocket Fountain Pen!

Tom

My next purchases will be DeAtramentis Archive Ink (quite black), and Blue and Green Document inks.

What say you/y'all/yinz?

-Greg
I was planning on De Atramentis Document Fog Grey (a greyish blue) being my "signature ink", the one I kept in my best pen. My Lamy 2000 EF arrived yesterday, I put the Fog Grey in it, but I was surprised at how wide a line the pen made. I know German nibs are wider than Japanese nibs, but this was ridiculous. It almost wrote like a broad nib.

Today I replaced the De Atramentis with Noodler's Green Marine, and now it writes like an EF. So much for De Atramentis Document being my signature ink, it feathers too much.

It's a good reminder that if you have a problem with a pen, try a different ink. The ink may be the problem, not the pen.

I was planning on De Atramentis Document Fog Grey (a greyish blue) being my "signature ink", the one I kept in my best pen. My Lamy 2000 EF arrived yesterday, I put the Fog Grey in it, but I was surprised at how wide a line the pen made. I know German nibs are wider than Japanese nibs, but this was ridiculous. It almost wrote like a broad nib.

Today I replaced the De Atramentis with Noodler's Green Marine, and now it writes like an EF. So much for De Atramentis Document being my signature ink, it feathers too much.

It's a good reminder that if you have a problem with a pen, try a different ink. The ink may be the problem, not the pen.
I have the Lamy 2000 EF as well and I find Lamy's in general VERY wide for their size, even for European sizes. For example, my Kaweco Brass Sport EF write much finer than my Lamy 2000 EF.

I received a bottle of Conklin Israel 75 Limited Edition ink, it is a vibrant blue. I Inked up my F-C 31 <F> and it is a nice bright blue that pops on the page. I will use it to day at work, but I believe I have found my blue.

Tom

I received a bottle of Conklin Israel 75 Limited Edition ink, it is a vibrant blue. I Inked up my F-C 31 <F> and it is a nice bright blue that pops on the page. I will use it to day at work, but I believe I have found my blue.

Tom
Franklin Christoph makes some nice pens. My wife who I pulled into the rabbit hole with me a few months ago already has two of them. It does not help that we live 20 min from F-C either. She likes the model 46 ones. Both that she has are 46s and I think one if the regular fine and the other a needle point. Yes she likes to write small.

Franklin Christoph makes some nice pens. My wife who I pulled into the rabbit hole with me a few months ago already has two of them. It does not help that we live 20 min from F-C either. She likes the model 46 ones. Both that she has are 46s and I think one if the regular fine and the other a needle point. Yes she likes to write small.
They do make some nice pens, I think I have 4 or five of them. I got into them through the Dallas Pen show, they are there every year!

Tom

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
With fountain pen ink I have zero interest if it's not waterproof. So I tend to go with inks labled as "document" or registrars ink . As nice as some other inks might be, I won't spend time with them if they can't withstand at least water.

I have some Ballpoint and Rollerball/Gel/Fountain tests I did with a water bath, bleach and acetone I will post at some point.

I run De Atramentis Document Black in all my pens. Great performance, flow and absolutely bulletproof. Platinum Carbon Black is a close second. I’m not interested in any colour unless it’s a fully saturated, solid, black. Must be waterproof and smudge proof.

Top Bottom