What's new

Items Every Man Should Own. Updated list page 7

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Items Every Man Should Own:

4X4
Grill
LawnMower
Billy Goat (In case lawn mower breaks down)
At least one 4WD vehicle, preferably a P/U, to get through mud, snow and moderately high water.
A Basic set of tools.
The means to protect ones self, even in the UK.
A knowledge of history, politics and religious faith. For US citizens, a knowledge of the U.S. Constitution and the Framers' original intent.
Know how to cook a basic meal.

Such as a mordant wit?
A well rolled umbrella?
A well rolled copy of the Times?

"Take that, I say!"
Ever see someone defend themselves with La Canne? I wouldn't mess with a guy that whoop me with a stick or something stick like.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
At least one 4WD vehicle, preferably a P/U, to get through mud, snow and moderately high water.
A Basic set of tools.
The means to protect ones self, even in the UK.
A knowledge of history, politics and religious faith. For US citizens, a knowledge of the U.S. Constitution and the Framers' original intent.
Know how to cook a basic meal.
I just slap people with fish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

on edit: Oh, oh, oh- we want to learn how to defend ourselves against someone armed with a pointed stick?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bCyIAsSid8
PINEAPPLE? WHERE? WHERE? WHERE?

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Such as a mordant wit?
A well rolled umbrella?

"Take that, I say!"

I leave that up to the poor bastards who live in the UK. There are certainly some formidable forms of stick fighting in the martial arts world.
Then there is always the "Holy hand grenade"!

Such as a mordant wit?
A well rolled umbrella?

"Take that, I say!"

I was only half joking with this response. In a peaceful country, the ability to talk reasonably is of far greater value than any weapon. Certainly I feel no need to carry a weapon or have self-defence training, and 45+ years in, I seem justified in that. A weapon would be cumbersome to carry and would pose a greater hazard than benefit to me and my family.

I don't quite understand the viewpoints expressed on this in the US. Is the need to protect yourself with lethal weapons real or perceived? Just how dangerous is American society? And how widespread is the belief that every person should be armed? Really these are very foreign ideas to me.

I am pretty manly according to the OP!

Great things in this thread, makes me want to go shopping for a few things, especially a vintage muscle car :)

On a side note,

Sash and morseman, I will also send you a PM but I would blur your license plate in your pictures, and everyone else who may have posted your plate numbers. People can use them to dig up info, and maybe even have counterfeit license plates linking to you? Not being paranoid am I?

My buddy got a toll charge ticket in NY, problem is, he was in VA when they sent him a picture of a license plate that matched his, on a car he does not own. Now, the picture was a little blurry, but I saw the picture and it did look like his plates. I rather be safe then sorry, this world is nuts.

Last edited:
I was only half joking with this response. In a peaceful country, the ability to talk reasonably is of far greater value than any weapon. Certainly I feel no need to carry a weapon or have self-defence training, and 45+ years in, I seem justified in that. A weapon would be cumbersome to carry and would pose a greater hazard than benefit to me and my family.

I don't quite understand the viewpoints expressed on this in the US. Is the need to protect yourself with lethal weapons real or perceived? Just how dangerous is American society? And how widespread is the belief that every person should be armed? Really these are very foreign ideas to me.
So were we, well I was at least :p

My latest "man-toy" from newpig.com for draining gas & oil from my generator & lawn equipt. I never seem to have the right sized funnel so I got one (14.5"x6.5") I can bend into any shape.

Attachments

• $pig funnel.jpg
    $pig funnel.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 82
How about a few scars with stories behind them? A man isn't a man unless he's had a few bumps and bruises along the way.

Top Bottom