What's new

Italian Raised flat bottom

I'm a fan of the RFB , the first great shave I experienced was with a British 88. I have a few styles of this great razor and I'm always on the look out for different RFB types .Recently ran across a Tris an Italian razor from the 1930s and from the posting on a popular auction site it looked like a raised flat bottom , this intrigued me and I put in a bid and won .When I received the razor it immediately reminded me of my RFB Rotbart and here are a few pictures comparing them .There have been discussions whether Robart or Gillette developed the RFB style and I will leave that to the more informed to decide . Just happy to have another member to the family , maybe Hitler and Mussolini did a deal to share the Rotbart technology or it could be a rip off of Gillette .The Rotbart weights in at 54 g and the Tris weighs 58g.

rfb.JPG

The Tris an Italian RFB?

rfb1.JPG

Three piece ,looks a lot like the Rotbart

rfb3.JPG

Tris on right , Rotbart on left

rfb4.JPG

Rotbart left , Tris right

rfb5.JPG

Family portrait left to right :
- Gillette Chromium Big Fellow #20 RFB
- 1945 Gillette #77 thin Tech handle 3 pc RFB
- Two piece Gillette RFB from 1933 Green Bakelite set
- 7 O'clock RFB
- Rotbart RFB
- Tris RFB

Glenn

I chasing tris for a long long time. I hope that one day I will have one. I will not regrettime or money to get one.

The RFB plot thickens!

I could imagine an itinerant razor engineer taking the RFB from Germany to Italy, and ultimately England, fleeing the winds of war.

Who knows?

Very cool find!

R

romsitsa

Beautiful one Kameo.
Very interesting part is that it is patented, never saw the inside before. Question is, how could the company patent the razor when Gillette patented a similar design (presumably earlier)?

Adam

Thanks Guys. Tris shows as outstanding shaver. I get feeling that I shaving with closed comb, but how efficient he is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Now I must get 7 O'clock and Gillette #20 to comlete whole family. It meanslooooooooot sleaples nights. I pay what ever it needs for them, money is not issue for me but no one wants to sell them. But I hope then with time something jump up. I will wait.

Top Bottom