What's new

It seems like others are finding the light

Nice read thanks. I think the comments at the bottom are rather entertaining. Who DOESN'T get a month out of a fusion!!

Yes, yes...

proxy.php

There is unshakable sense that DE shaving is reaching a tipping point, really coming back in a big way. I attribute it mostly to the pricing strategy of the cartridge makers. They price those things where you think "There's got to be another way."

For me, my favorite disposable is Schick Slim Twin. Those only run about 80 cents a week and last a week. But even then, I'm paying more than the finest DE blades in the world cost.

There is unshakable sense that DE shaving is reaching a tipping point, really coming back in a big way. I attribute it mostly to the pricing strategy of the cartridge makers. They price those things where you think "There's got to be another way."

For me, my favorite disposable is Schick Slim Twin. Those only run about 80 cents a week and last a week. But even then, I'm paying more than the finest DE blades in the world cost.

Exactly. Carts are so ridiculously expensive. I live in Peterborough Ontario and although I don't buy them anymore, I had a friend say he paid 90 bucks for 10 of them. MADNESS!

Interesting read. It wasn't until after I started DE shaving that I realized just how popular it had become. A simple facebook post about a brush and razor acquisition revealed how many friends and co-workers had made the switch, and I have a conversation about wet shaving with a DE almost every day. And the two main selling points? Savings and enjoying a usually mundane task.

I'm not an economist, but I wonder how significant the impact of future DE sales will be or at what point P&G will even need to address the issue. The Gillette line alone accounts for 70% of the market with sales nearing $90 billion (See P&G 2012 annual report). While I'm an advocate for DE shaving and wish that everyone could experience it, I just don't realistically see the masses rushing out to convert unless someone is willing to go toe-to-toe with P&G. But that's just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom