Natalya - what is this??? I need pics.

And HELLO!

Natalya and Helga.

Natalya.jpg Helga.jpg

From about page 19 of Marty's journal.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Still going strong!
I ordered a ShaptonProSeries 30,000 grit water stone for my knives that have super steels because they take an incredible edge and I love the mirror finish. So I thought why not give Natalya the spa treatment?
I followed up with .25 diamond paste after the 30,000 grit and then just plain leather. She loved it and let me know. Such sweet shaves. Now I have a hanging strop for knives and one for Natalya. I dont remember the last time I shaved with Natasha!
Just chugging along. Keepin on keepin on

Marty!! Good To see you post, we miss you around the Cadre glad things are going well and yest the 30k shapton will place a laser edge for sure. Hope to see you more often!

martym

I had been wanting one for my skinning knives. The edge is incredible for hogs and deer! So I thought why not? So I used it as a finisher for my 2 girls. Really nice and smooth but extremely sharp.

martym

This morning was undoubtedly the best shave I have ever had. She cut down my whiskers like a hot knife through butter. I felt nothing. No pulling. No tugging. It really was just that smooth. I guess the angle and the edge just came together in a special way today. I did not want to stop it was that much above all my other shaves.
That is all!
marty

This morning was undoubtedly the best shave I have ever had. She cut down my whiskers like a hot knife through butter. I felt nothing. No pulling. No tugging. It really was just that smooth. I guess the angle and the edge just came together in a special way today. I did not want to stop it was that much above all my other shaves.
That is all!
marty
Sound like a wonderful shave Marty

martym

That Shapton 30K must realllllllly smooth out the bevel.
I used to finish on 12/15k Shapton and then .25 diamond paste and a good stropping.
Now when I hit the 30k it takes about 30-50 laps to smooth out the edges. For me it is truly that fine.
The 1st few laps are really grabbing and it keeps getting smoother until the passes are completely smooth. Then just stropping on plain leather.
Very smooth

martym

IMG_1430.PNG
This morning as with every morning but with a little extra on the 4th I got down on my knees and gave thanks to The Good Lord Above for everything I am and all that he has given me.
And to think dad was a migrant worker and mom's family were coal miners!
I wrote of the whole story a couple of years back on a 4th or maybe it was 911. I disremember. Getting old!
My shave was great today and my shave music was 2 songs on repeat.
You all have a wonderful and safe day.
I will be heading out to work for my 32nd (?) year of doing my small part to keep our great country safe so that we can continue to have these wonderful blessings.
God Bless and keep.
Marty

Last edited:
Top Bottom