What's new

Is this razor a Milord?

Hello, I'm looking for some information on what I had believed to be a Milord razor, but looking at the conflicting instructions, I'm wondering if anyone here might be able to provide some insight as to what kind of razor I have here..
Thanks in advance. Steve G.

Short comb, no wings(?) 3 piece, it says: Pat. Nus. on package - inside. (not pictured)

Here's a link to some photos:
http://public.fotki.com/ss383nova/milord/

The case is but the razor is not! The "Milord" is a one piece Twist To Open (TTO)
proxy.php

I think you have a fat handle Tech.

proxy.php

Last edited:
There it is... Thanks so much! Very strange how it would end up in a fairly nice case with the instructions.. It was my great uncles.. It's been in this house since I bought it in 1989. I really appreciate the help! Thanks again!

This tech is a very good shaver and with the most unique handle.
Excellent condition too!
Congrats and welcome to the insanity!

As long as the Blades aren't rusted they should be OK to try. I have never shaved with vintage Blades.

If you are in the US I can send you our a few.

Thank you for the offer... I'm up here in Seattle, but I can probably find something that will work here. This will be interesting! Any suggestions on a brand though?

Traditionally sharper blades are suggested for the Tech model. In most US locations the local selection is normally lean at best.
I would be happy to send you say 5 each of Gillette Silver Blues, PolSilvers and Astra Platinums. This would let you check out what is out there. PM me if interested.

Oh, and welcome to B&B.

Thank you for the offer... I'm up here in Seattle, but I can probably find something that will work here. This will be interesting! Any suggestions on a brand though?

eBay is actually a great source for blades - after you've decided which you like because they are best when bought in lots of 100 (I'm not kidding!)

Try maggardrazors.com for their great blade, soap, cream, and aftershave sampling programs to help you decide which you like best - after you take imatabor or copierguy up on their offers! Don't be shy - that's how B&B rolls.....

And Welcome to B&B!

Well I just ordered a 50 blade sample pack from Marggard, thanks again for the generous offers of blades! I'll be back to give a review of the razor and the blades! Cheers!

Top Bottom