What's new

Is there any aftershave you stock up on?

I generally only buy one container of a particular aftershave at a time. But there is one AS that I always make sure I have at least 3 containers in reserve...mostly because I can't imagine a shave with it -- Lucky Tiger AS splash. Vintage Old Spice is another that I buy whenever I find it in an antique store. You just can't have too many bottles of vintage OS (many are only partially full).

Is there any AS that you buy in bulk or keep a reserve of a few bottles?

Speick splash. I found it on sale, so it seemed like a good idea to get a few. They'll get used and I'll won't have to worry about running out in the next few years.

Same story with Proraso White balm. For $4.99 a bottle, I bought three and gave one away.

Speick splash. I found it on sale, so it seemed like a good idea to get a few. They'll get used and I'll won't have to worry about running out in the next few years.

Same story with Proraso White balm. For $4.99 a bottle, I bought three and gave one away.

^ exactly the same for me!

Yes there is. When Old Spice Original left us to be replaced by Classic about a decade ago, I stocked up at Walmart because they had it reduced to half off. I remember getting about ten 2.5 ounce bottles and a few 4 ounce bottles. I still have several bottles remaining. When the Family Dollar dropped their version of Old Spice, I grabbed a few bottles. When Dollar General dropped Barbasol Musk, I grabbed a few bottles. Other than those instances, I buy my other favorites such as Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer and Stetson when I run out.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
If they are at a good price then I will always purchase any vintage Faberge Brut products, particularly if they predate the rebranding to Brut 33. I am quite sure we all agree it is the greatest scent ever created, of that there can surely be no doubt, except on the part of my wife who sadly does not like it. 😆

Gillette Cool Wave. I don’t often wear anything else during cooler weather so there’s always a bottle in reserve. In fact I’m going to have to open a new bottle this week. It does get put away when the weather warms up in favor of lighter fragrances though. Any other products, once the bottle is empty I can live without it until I get around to getting a new bottle.

I also have a couple extra bottles of Barbasol Brisk picked up when it was being closed out at Dollar General, but it’s going to take me a while to use them because it’s not my favorite.

Last edited:
If they are at a good price then I will always purchase any vintage Faberge Brut products, particularly if they predate the rebranding to Brut 33. I am quite sure we all agree it is the greatest scent ever created, of that there can surely be no doubt, except on the part of my wife who sadly does not like it. 😆

I have the same problem. Don’t you just hate that? I like the stuff and would wear it more often but it can only come out when I go to the office and therefore not spending the day with the missus.

This, when it goes on sale:

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) Proraso green AS in 400 mL bottle
2) Barrister and Mann Cool Reserve AS
3) Vintage Old Spice AS
4) Williams Aqua Velva (Spanish?) in 400 mL bottle

Only two I’ve doubled up on are CLux’s YRP and B&M’s East Egg.

All the rest I could take or leave.

Honorable mention goes to MLS’s The Kraken but they’re out of business and I’m sad about it these many months later...

No, and in fact I've been making a point to get rid of any duplicates I have. Currently just down to two duplicate soaps, Leviathan in Glissant, and Declaration Grooming Albizia. Aside from those, my philosophy is that this hobby should be transient. Soaps and scents come and go, they should be enjoyed in the present! There's no point holding onto a half dozen of the same scent!

Top Bottom