What's new

Is there a vendor that ships Personna Prep Blades to Europe?

Do any of you know a vendor that will ship Personna Prep Blades to European customers? I'm looking for the 100 pcs pack particularly (250 pcs would go beyond the VAT/customs limit).

I tried ordering from Robbins Instruments but it seems "Outside US" from the drop down list wasn't a valid option 'cause it kept giving me an error message ("fatal error"). I sent them an e-mail but I would like to know if there are other options.

I've been pretty happy with my Feathers and shaving has been reasonably smooth and nick-free. Still, I'm getting more and more irritation (much less though than with Astra SP's or Derbys); I now have a constant itching sensation on my sensitive neck along with some reddening. That's why I'm tempted to try the Personna preps - I want something sharp enough but smooth.

Edit: I've been extra careful with preparation, blade angles and applying next to no pressure but it doesn't seem to help.

Could any of you Personna Prep Blade users in the U.S. tell me when was the last time you were able to order online from Robbins Instruments? I even tested with an American address and the site just keeps giving me error messages. Firefox or IE, no difference.

No reply to my e-mail from them yet.

Have you tried.....

http://www.personna-uk.co.uk/index.asp

Might be worth an email to them?

Yeah, I already checked their UK site (but didn't send any e-mails yet).

On Personna's U.S. site it reads prep blades are only available in North America. Looks like in Europe they only sell prep razors. I also got the impression that these blades are meant to be sold only to qualified medical professionals (guess these prep blades are so much more dangerous than Feathers :001_rolle)?

I ordered form Robbins a week ago and got my order (Michigan) in two days. I really like these blades in my Feather SS razor.:001_rolle

As none of the vendors (!) bother to reply to my e-mails, could somebody tell me what is supposed to happen when you add an item to the shopping cart on the Robbins Instruments website, go to checkout to give the delivery information and click "continue"?

I suppose the obscure error message I'm constantly seeing is somehow related to choosing "Outside US" from the drop down list. Beats me why it's there in the first place if they don't ship overseas. It could also be that the blades can't be shipped outside U.S. but it's kind of hard to decipher from that error screen. :lol:

Have you tried www.acuderm.com? They also offer these blades but the minimum amount is 250 (one box).

That's quite a lot of blades and at that price it means you'll have to add VAT + customs on top. If they even ship internationally, haven't checked yet.

I think it's easier for now to just continue using "ordinary" blades. Too complicated.

I think it's easier for now to just continue using "ordinary" blades. Too complicated.
Would you be willing to split a box so we could both try them? I could order them, then ship to you.

Would anybody else here be interested in going in on a box?

As none of the vendors (!) bother to reply to my e-mails, could somebody tell me what is supposed to happen when you add an item to the shopping cart on the Robbins Instruments website, go to checkout to give the delivery information and click "continue"?

I suppose the obscure error message I'm constantly seeing is somehow related to choosing "Outside US" from the drop down list. Beats me why it's there in the first place if they don't ship overseas. It could also be that the blades can't be shipped outside U.S. but it's kind of hard to decipher from that error screen. :lol:

I just ordered from Robins with NO problems.

John

Would you be willing to split a box so we could both try them? I could order them, then ship to you.

Would anybody else here be interested in going in on a box?

I'd love to give these a shot. I've heard great things about them but the minimum order of 250 is a bit over the "test" range. I'm definitely game for going in on a box. Just let me know the specifics.

I'd love to give these a shot. I've heard great things about them but the minimum order of 250 is a bit over the "test" range. I'm definitely game for going in on a box. Just let me know the specifics.
Oh? Robbins Instruments offers them in boxes of 100. I've gone through the checkout process only far enough to get a shipping quote, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Will I get a surprise if/when I do?

Oh? Robbins Instruments offers them in boxes of 100. I've gone through the checkout process only far enough to get a shipping quote, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Will I get a surprise if/when I do?

I think he's referring to Acuderm who offer the 250 packs only?

Top Bottom