What's new

Is the Plisson "springy"

I have a Muhle STF2 travel brush with a 19mm knot (see below for image). I love the turnback design and how fast synthetic dries, but I am finding that it's very 'springy'. If you're gentle with it, it never opens up, and so I have to be firm. This flings the lather all over the place when face lathering and it bugs me.

I don't want to give up on synthetics for travel, so I was wondering if the Plisson is similar?

proxy.php

this is good to know. I ditched the synthetic brush idea after using the one from the body shop. that thing was horrible.....felt like I could use it like a diving board!!

might like the Plisson though.....

My Plisson takes a small amount of downward pressure to splay. But it doesn't spray lather at all.
It's an awesome brush. Not perfect, but awesome enough to replace silvertips and boars for me.

Ps: I face lather hard soaps 100% of the time, have 0% vegan concerns, and don't need the brush to dry quickly.

The Plisson is currently my favorite brush and I don't find it springy at all. It performs better than my vintage badger or any other synthetic that I have tried.

I have the same Mühle travel brush that you do and it needs a heavy hand to get it to splay. Haven't used a Plisson yet, but the 21mm black fibre and the 25mm STF from Mühle both require far less pressure to perform.

I have the same Mühle travel brush that you do and it needs a heavy hand to get it to splay. Haven't used a Plisson yet, but the 21mm black fibre and the 25mm STF from Mühle both require far less pressure to perform.

Good to know, thank you for sharing that. I guess it's just the knot/loft combination affecting it.

Plisson L'Occitane synthetic, $30. The best value in quality brushes at the moment. IMHO

+2.

But in my own opinion the best synthetic on the market now, period. I've tried quite a few of the top synthetics and the Plisson is the only one I kept.

It is definitely not springy and is the most "natural" feeling synthetic that I have ever tried. I would never say it feels exactly like my natural brushes. But it is the next best thing.

Top Bottom