What's new

Is spring here?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
4" of snow Sat morning, and loads of Robins out today. I always love seeing the first Robins after winter. Before downsizing to an apartment from our house of 20 years, Robins were the first sign that spring was close.
As long as the Junco's are still here I consider it winter. We have a very active bird feeder in the back and see all kind of birds. Haven't seen a robin yet.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It's been a great winter in NY (nice to get some benefit from global warming) but it sure ain't spring yet. We were in the teens for temps this AM. Lots of rain this winter, which is fine with me as I don't shovel rain.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
UK here........ As you know us brits have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the weather 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Recently its been really mild here with just days of rain. Daytime 15°C
and night 6°C
The humidity would kill me. In my city, humidity is normally <20%. I turned on the humidifier in our house yesterday since we were down to 15%.

I was in Toronto a couple of springs ago and 20C with a lot of humidity felt like winter, I was literally shaking! :D

As long as the Junco's are still here I consider it winter. We have a very active bird feeder in the back and see all kind of birds. Haven't seen a robin yet.

I had a bird feeder at our house for a couple of years. I saw many birds I rarely saw before or since. We love visiting my sister-in-law in Kentucky. Her husband has several feeders, seed and suet, and there are always Cardinals at their feeder.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I had a bird feeder at our house for a couple of years. I saw many birds I rarely saw before or since. We love visiting my sister-in-law in Kentucky. Her husband has several feeders, seed and suet, and there are always Cardinals at their feeder.
We have a pair of Cardinals every year here, plus all kind of other birds, and even a variety of woodpeckers. Got an app for the phone to determine what bird it is.

Cornelliancherry dogwood in bloom and bluebirds checking out nest boxes. About 50 growing degree days here. Tracking plant development every year can be an interesting way to see if things are moving early or late.

I really hope not. I live in Southeastern Ma and miss the winters we used to have. Holding out that we may get one real snow storm before spring arrives. So far the best one we have got this winter is 2-3 inches of wet slushy snow. Were did the ocean effect storms go. This was the last real winter I remember, 2015. If you look in the first pic, you can see the top of the chute on an 28" snowblower. The second is of my parents neighbors house across the street from them. I miss real New England winters.
1708720525777.png
1708720582098.png

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
55 - 60 earlier this week, but enough snow today to stick.
Can't complain too much if you get 60 degrees in February.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Denver(ish) A nice week. Sneaking into the 60's but snow showers yesterday. Looks to be warming up but then Mother Nature will smack us with 3 feet of snow in March or early April just to remind us who's in charge.

Top Bottom