What's new

Is Nivea the best balm for the money?

these two
proxy.php

I bought a bottle of the sensetive and it will be replacing my Everyman Jack.

I like everyman Jack a lot. But I noticed it is the cause of my acne breakouts.

I tried Everyman Jack. Thick, heavy and waxy/greasy. Too much this time of year. Will give it a shot this winter. I was a bit let down by their balm, too. By the way, Everyman Jack has some nice deodorants and body washes, in straightforward manly scents. Really like their sandalwood, cedar and fresh scents in those products. Have already bought extra of each scent in both deo and wash. As all-natural products go, I favor them. They didn't hit a home run with their shave balm though.

The only reason I know of for using an aftershave balm is to moisturize the skin, and I don't think any product does a better job of it than Nivea. Some balms are thicker, but I like the thin consistency of Nivea because I can spread a very small dab of it over my face, which leaves a very light, non-greasy layer of it on my skin. You could pay more, but it would just be for the scent or the name.

The only reason I know of for using an aftershave balm is to moisturize the skin, and I don't think any product does a better job of it than Nivea. Some balms are thicker, but I like the thin consistency of Nivea because I can spread a very small dab of it over my face, which leaves a very light, non-greasy layer of it on my skin. You could pay more, but it would just be for the scent or the name.
Bingo!

Nivea is just plain good. It would be a top performer at double the price. Speaking of double the price, my current favorite is Captain’s Choice. A gel like viscosity, less runny than Nivea. Marvelous, and you don’t need much to get the job done. With their scent profile options you can’t lose.

Years ago Neutrogena made a Nivea like balm - Post Shave Balm with “Pro-Soothe” technology - that was better than Nivea and everything else IMO. Discontinued for some reason, which is when I switched to Nivea. You can still find it on eBay and Amazon for silly prices ($50!), which must be NOS items.

Last edited:
If you can get Arko Balms, they're real good. Using Comfort right now with Platinum AS/EdC right now. Good stuff.

I've been using the Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm for years. It is the only balm i own and use . I even use it in the summer although i use less of it.

I like that its practically unscented and so doesnt interfere with my cologne of aftershave (yes i use a splash first every day, followed by the balm).

Going forward however, i will be using the Nivea 2-in-1 splash in the summer months and using the balm for the rest of the year. The Nivea 2-in-1 is the most moisturizing splash i have ever used.

Top Bottom