What's new

Is Mennen skin bracer discontinued?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
For the record, Aqua Velva, Old Spice, and Brut seem to be back in stock at most places.

Mennen Skin Bracer is still missing.

For the record, Aqua Velva, Old Spice, and Brut seem to be back in stock at most places.

I’ve been seeing it in local brick and mortar stores both in my hometown and where I currently live. Just certain places are more likely to have it than others

Reactions: Luc

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE

Still seeing SB in 2 or 3 chains in Calgary, I could always send you a case of it! :D

Luc

Staff member
Still seeing SB in 2 or 3 chains in Calgary, I could always send you a case of it! :D

Where did you see it? I might try to have a look around Montreal.

This used to be in pretty much every pharmacy and grocery store (the big chains). Right now, it seems that we are still out of stock but the Mennen label is still not there either on any shelves that I looked at.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Where did you see it? I might try to have a look around Montreal.

This used to be in pretty much every pharmacy and grocery store (the big chains). Right now, it seems that we are still out of stock but the Mennen label is still not there either on any shelves that I looked at.

Regularly in:
  • Save-On
  • Superstore
  • Sobey's

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Always available in CVS, Acme, Walgreens (in SE PA).

Also, The Big River. I got 6x7 ounce bottles a couple of months ago.

Luc, it seems more a distribution than supply issue. Still seeing SB here in CT, except in CVS and not in all Walgreens either. Used to see it at both those stores.

I am 99% sure that I wasn't dreaming and I saw a thread where Mennen Skin Bracer aftershave was nowhere to be found on the shelves in Canada. That was a few weeks ago so I made a mission to check all the local pharmacies and grocery stores that I normally go to. I am not able to find it anymore, so the question is, is it discontinued in Canada?
still got some in my area, would be happy to ship it to ya!

Luc

Staff member
Luc, it seems more a distribution than supply issue. Still seeing SB here in CT, except in CVS and not in all Walgreens either. Used to see it at both those stores.
Agreed, but you are in the USA whereas I am in Canada. More specifically in the province of Quebec. It's a product that has been available on the shelves for years(it was always there).

There's a slight chance that some weird law was voted in Quebec to remove some specific products from the shelves. But then, I still see Aqua Velva, Brut, and Old Spice. There's a law in Quebec where anything that is sold in-store needs to have a French label that is the same size as the other language (English, Spanish, etc). or bigger. The product had a bilingual label, so no issues.

I would like to see if other members from Canada can spot it and if so, where?

As I was saying, this is not a matter of 1 company that stopped stocking it, it's at large. This can only mean that Mennen is the issue if the product is not discontinued. I'm willing to say that it isn't seeing that everything seems normal in the US.

still got some in my area, would be happy to ship it to ya!

This is a drugstore aftershave, it's cheap and it will cost 4x the value of the product to just ship it. Since Aqua Velva is still available, that's what I will buy. It's unfortunate as I preferred Mennen but look, if I can't get it locally, I will buy something else. I guess it wasn't worth it if I was the only one buying it around me.

Luc

Staff member
Regularly in:
  • Save-On
  • Superstore
  • Sobey's

It's good to see it's somewhere. I don't have any of these stores in Quebec. Superstore is normally owned by the Loblaws/Provigo/Maxi company. My local Maxi doesn't have it but I will keep checking.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Skin Bracer is still available here, but wasn't in most stores and supermarkets anymore for quite a while.

If one orders online or via Amazon, give Dapper Dan/Don Draper (depending on market and country the names vary slightly due to previously registered "Dapper Dan" by other companies, but they are otherwise identical) a try.

The blue one is close to Aqua Velva, the green one to Skin Bracer.

Both are amped up with more menthol, one bottle of the green I had was either ages old or something happened to it, as it was an alcohol and menthol bomb, all others were just some more menthol than in Skin Bracer.

@Juanmosey tested the Dapper Dan aftershaves a while ago, I didn't ask how they turned out, maybe he can compare better, my last Skin Bracer was years ago.

Top Bottom