What's new

Is Mennen skin bracer discontinued?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I am 99% sure that I wasn't dreaming and I saw a thread where Mennen Skin Bracer aftershave was nowhere to be found on the shelves in Canada. That was a few weeks ago so I made a mission to check all the local pharmacies and grocery stores that I normally go to. I am not able to find it anymore, so the question is, is it discontinued in Canada?

I was looking the other day on various Palmolive Colgate websites, and Mennen Skinbracer isn't on any of them (the wiki page currently mentions this, "as of Januray 2024").
As an aside, I emailed Palmolive Colgate Australia about whether they'd consider to start selling Palmolive menthol shaving cream and Mennen Skin Bracer, but I won't hold my breath.

My first instinct is to say, no, this can't be, but I was traumatized by the shock of Williams Mug disappearing without ceremony, so now I could believe it easily. Just say the word and I'll run out to acquire my personal "end times" hoard. 🐿️

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I was looking the other day on various Palmolive Colgate websites, and Mennen Skinbracer isn't on any of them (the wiki page currently mentions this, "as of Januray 2024").
As an aside, I emailed Palmolive Colgate Australia about whether they'd consider to start selling Palmolive menthol shaving cream and Mennen Skin Bracer, but I won't hold my breath.
mmm, that's an interesting line that you point out. I have a bad feeling about this... Full line from the wiki page:

Neither the brand Mennen nor Skin Bracer are listed at the Colgate-Palmolive website as of January 2024;[3] However, the product is still available - labeled as produced by Mennen - online (at such established vendors as Amazon and Walmart) as of that date.[4]

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
In Calgary, it's still on the shelves at Sobey's (3.79 CAD), unsure about the status at Safeway. Up until a few months ago it was on the shelves at Save On, then disappeared.

I've seen a few of these older names disappear from shelves recently, I should pick up a 12 pack of Skin Bracer from Sobey's before it's too late.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the pass-around idea :D

They discontinued the Menthol in the Balkan countries last year.
So, yes, don't hold your breath.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am 99% sure that I wasn't dreaming and I saw a thread where Mennen Skin Bracer aftershave was nowhere to be found on the shelves in Canada. That was a few weeks ago so I made a mission to check all the local pharmacies and grocery stores that I normally go to. I am not able to find it anymore, so the question is, is it discontinued in Canada?
Well, I guess I know what I am going to buy all of after work today. This possibility, if true, would be an unmitigated disaster, even worse than the massacre of MWF.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Forgot to add to my post above, it's definitely alive and well in Chile. They sell sets that include a cream and the AS. I'm down their quarterly so will start hauling some back each trip.

Nice one, Sam. Would be great to have these available locally.

Legion

Staff member
It's never been available in Oz, so I don't know. But it would be a shame if it was, I quite like SB, and usually pick up a bottle when I have direct access to the US (posting it would be worth 10x the price).

I’ve seen it somewhere recently. I think it was Walmart. But don’t see it at any of the other stores that used to carry it?

I’ve been wondering what’s going on?

I thought the same, when I saw it was on clearance at my local Dollar General last year. So I bought up all that was there. I was told it's not when I asked a question on the form here, but I'll tell you I have not seen it back in stock there so I don't know. I've seen it in stock at other stores though.
20240210_143253.jpg

I thought the same, when I saw it was on clearance at my local Dollar General last year. So I bought up all that was there. I was told it's not when I asked a question on the form here, but I'll tell you I have not seen it back in stock there so I don't know. I've seen it in stock at other stores though.
View attachment 1794281

Vermont too?

I thought only Canada was loosing out! I had envisioned a black market trade where Canadians would send Americans green Aqua Velva in exchange for SkinBracer.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 1794281

Smart man. If one wants to know if a product on the shelf is being discontinued. The retailer will mark the price of the remaining stock on the shelf will end in the number 7.

So if you see a bottle of Skin Bracer on your local Walmart shelf and the price tag shows something like $4.47? Or any price ending in 7?

It is being discontinued and you might want to stock up. I already have 3 bottles of vintage Mennen SB in my collection along with 2 modern bottles in storage, I’m sure that will last me in my rotation of 200 vintage & modern aftershaves. And while I also have a bottle left of vintage Aqua Velva Musk in storage, I just purchased 3 more of the modern off the shelf because I too noticed it’s retail sticker price ending in the number ‘7’.

Smart man. If one wants to know if a product on the shelf is being discontinued. The retailer will mark the price of the remaining stock on the shelf will end in the number 7.

So if you see a bottle of Skin Bracer on your local Walmart shelf and the price tag shows something like $4.47? Or any price ending in 7?

It is being discontinued and you might want to stock up. I already have 3 bottles of vintage Mennen SB in my collection along with 2 modern bottles in storage, I’m sure that will last me in my rotation of 200 vintage & modern aftershaves. And while I also have a bottle left of vintage Aqua Velva Musk in storage, I just purchased 3 more of the modern off the shelf because I too noticed it’s retail sticker price ending in the number ‘7’.
I always thought the '7' in prices meant "sale" or "discount" but didn't know about the discontinuation coding in the price.
From what I've seen, Walmart still has it in abundance at regular prices. But I haven't seen it in Stop & Shop lately, which is odd. Usually they had it. Did not see it at CVS, either. Will have to check Walgreens the next time I go.

Top Bottom