What's new

Is Mennen skin bracer discontinued?

@OkieStubble the hassle about AS unfortunately goes in both directions. I would love to shop for US stuff as much as you guys do for Euro AS but:

„The restriction on sending perfume in a plane is generally related to safety regulations rather than the nature of the product itself. When perfumes are sold on board, they are typically handled and packaged in a way that complies with aviation safety standards.

However, when individuals try to send perfumes through the mail or as part of their luggage, there are several factors to consider. Perfumes often contain flammable liquids, typically alcohol, which can be a safety concern during transportation. Flammable substances are regulated by international aviation authorities, and there are specific rules in place to ensure the safety of air travel.

In some cases, airlines and shipping carriers may have restrictions on the quantity and packaging of flammable liquids, including perfumes. This is to prevent the risk of fire or other safety hazards during the transportation of goods.“

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I wonder why USPS doesn’t have an Oceanliner for shipping of goods that pose a safety risk? :)

I know one can travel with aftershave by airline if it’s in their checked luggage?

I guess you’re just gonna have to fly here so we can make the exchange?

You can stay at my house. We can eat soul food and swap American and European aftershave’s? :)

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I wonder why USPS doesn’t have an Oceanliner for shipping of goods that pose a safety risk? :)
Agreed - I regularly send a balikbayan box weighing about 50kg and about the size of a small fridge from UK to Philippines by ship, and there is no restriction on including perfumes or alcohol in any quantity. Of course commercial transportation may be a different matter.

OkieStubble

Agreed - I regularly send a balikbayan box weighing about 50kg and about the size of a small fridge from UK to Philippines by ship, and there is no restriction on including perfumes or alcohol in any quantity. Of course commercial transportation may be a different matter.

You taught me something Richard. :). I didn’t know what a Balikbayan was. I had to google it. :)

It says shipping is around $50-$200, depending on what you are sending in the box?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
You taught me something Richard. :). I didn’t know what a Balikbayan was. I had to google it. :)

It says shipping is around $50-$200, depending on what you are sending in the box?
We pay around £100 per box and fill it with clothes, household linen, mobile phones, laptops, sweets, chocolates, toiletries, batteries, tools - anything which is expensive in the Philippines. We send it to the family of my wife about three months before we travel there, and then open it with them when we arrive. Some things the family donate to needy neighbours, or to the family of the maid or houseboy. When we visit we use 90% of our luggage allowance for similar items.

OkieStubble

We pay around £100 per box and fill it with clothes, household linen, mobile phones, laptops, sweets, chocolates, toiletries, batteries, tools - anything which is expensive in the Philippines. We send it to the family of my wife about three months before we travel there, and then open it with them when we arrive. Some things the family donate to needy neighbours, or to the family of the maid or houseboy. When we visit we use 90% of our luggage allowance for similar items.

This sounds really cool. And fun! :)

I noticed that on the east coast that it is hard to find Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva (Original Sport and Musk), and Old Spice Pure Sport. I don't think many people use splashes anymore 🤔

The problem with chain stores is that they have one buyer who decides what is available for the whole chain. Gone is the time when one neighborhood store could differentiate themselves from another a few miles away.

So I did some grocery shopping at Winco today and stopped by the shaving section. To see what the aftershave inventory looked like.

Brut in small and big bottles

Old spice in big bottle

Skin Bracer in big bottle

Aqua Velva Ice Sport in small bottle

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
So I did some grocery shopping at Winco today and stopped by the shaving section. To see what the aftershave inventory looked like.

Brut in small and big bottles

Old spice in big bottle

Skin Bracer in big bottle

Aqua Velva Ice Sport in small bottle
I had to look up Winco, I never heard of them. I think it's great that you can access all of these products.

@Frito Ray gave me a lead via PM that I will investigate soon and report back.

Luc

Staff member
So, @Frito Ray's information was about Maxi (grocery store) where you can select a branch and then pick your items if you order online. I went to the one in Brossard (Place Portobello) and the stock indicates that you can order but the shelf is empty. They have regular Old Spice aftershave. I checked behind other bottles but Mennen Skin Bracer was nowhere to be seen.
IMG_1903.JPG

Maxi is probably displaying the item if it's listed normally but they might not keep an inventory with so many items left.

Sorry to hear that @Luc. I was happy when I stumbled onto the info and hope it wasn’t too much out of your way.

Some store online inventory display in stock, low stock or out of stock. Being that inventory is electronically tabulated, perhaps there is a lot of theft in that area or it is still sitting in the store room.

There appears to be at least two dozen stores in your general area and I only checked a few at random. After what you went through I too would be reticent of checking the others.

This particular grocery store chain is part of the Loblaws family of stores that span Canada. Checking online inventory might not be 100%.

Luc

Staff member
Sorry to hear that @Luc. I was happy when I stumbled onto the info and hope it wasn’t too much out of your way.

Some store online inventory display in stock, low stock or out of stock. Being that inventory is electronically tabulated, perhaps there is a lot of theft in that area or it is still sitting in the store room.

There appears to be at least two dozen stores in your general area and I only checked a few at random. After what you went through I too would be reticent of checking the others.

This particular grocery store chain is part of the Loblaws family of stores that span Canada. Checking online inventory might not be 100%.
Don't worry about it, it's not that far from my place. I was able to go there during lunchtime.

I probably need to let the dust settle before I start looking again. I would be surprised if all stores got their inventory stolen or if they all decided to remove it from the shelves.

There's something fishy if you ask me...

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to find a dust covered bottle at the back of a bottom shelf in a grocery store.

I decanted it in an empty glass Proraso bottle and let it ripen for a while. I‘ve got my usual springtime runny nose situation going on right now but I find it smells very similar from what I remember last time I used it a few years ago.

But it doesn’t taste as minty as it used too:c1:

Stop & Shop here in CT, should have taken an angle shot but I believe there were about four bottles (note the price!):

View attachment 1818413
Very nice. I have seen SB available widely lately, too. The prices vary - the CT example above is in the middle-high range I've seen. Also, I've noticed that prices ending in .97 are fairly common at WalMart and don't seem to necessarily signify clearance.

Top Bottom