What's new

Is Mennen skin bracer discontinued?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
You guys have inspired me to dig out my Mennen. I have been very lucky to acquire these as they are not often seen in the UK. I think I am missing the top of the fire hydrant bottle.

20240310_142152~2.jpg

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
So, it’s still available to some places? If you see it, can you post a bit of details (store, location (city/state), price)?

All I can say is that I hit my local pharmacies in Montreal, Canada and none of them have it anymore.

Some grocery store had it like Metro and Iga too. Right now, nothing. I check every week since I started this thread.

Smart man. If one wants to know if a product on the shelf is being discontinued. The retailer will mark the price of the remaining stock on the shelf will end in the number 7.

So if you see a bottle of Skin Bracer on your local Walmart shelf and the price tag shows something like $4.47? Or any price ending in 7?

It is being discontinued and you might want to stock up. I already have 3 bottles of vintage Mennen SB in my collection along with 2 modern bottles in storage, I’m sure that will last me in my rotation of 200 vintage & modern aftershaves. And while I also have a bottle left of vintage Aqua Velva Musk in storage, I just purchased 3 more of the modern off the shelf because I too noticed it’s retail sticker price ending in the number ‘7’.
I stopped at Walmart this morning and the price for the 7oz is $5.97. Last year I mentioned that Publix Grocery here in FL cleared out its stock. Yeah, it looks like Skin Bracer will go the way of the Dodo.

So, it’s still available to some places? If you see it, can you post a bit of details (store, location (city/state), price)?

All I can say is that I hit my local pharmacies in Montreal, Canada and none of them have it anymore.

Some grocery store had it like Metro and Iga too. Right now, nothing. I check every week since I started this thread.
I noticed that on the east coast that it is hard to find Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva (Original Sport and Musk), and Old Spice Pure Sport. I don't think many people use splashes anymore 🤔

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I noticed that on the east coast that it is hard to find Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva (Original Sport and Musk), and Old Spice Pure Sport. I don't think many people use splashes anymore 🤔
I have a good stash but I still do! :smile:

I’ve noticed this too

Went to 2 Rite Aid and Walgreens and I only saw a 100ml bottle at Walgreens.

As I mentioned earlier Walmart had a few aftershaves on the shelf.

Going to do a check at the grocery stores and see what kind of inventory they have.

Never thought I’d see the day. That the shaving supplies isles would look like this.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Wasn’t a fan in the beginning but the Musk is growing on me.

View attachment 1810141

While my wife has no problems with any of my aftershaves, Aqua Velva Musk is probably her absolute favorite. I can tell by the way she chases me Around the house after I splash it on. ;)

The different flavors of Aqua Velva and Mennen Skin Bracer are cheap enough aftershave’s, no one should be caught off guard by not stocking up in these great Classics if they are suddenly discontinued.

I think I am probably sitting on at least a dozen of each of AV Original, Musk and Ice Sport; and enough modern Skin Bracer and Osage Rub in order to make Bootlegger’s Green Freeze until like forever? :)

Last edited:
While my wife has no problems with any of my aftershaves, Aqua Velva Musk is probably her absolute favorite. I can tell by the way she chases me Around the house after I splash it on. ;)

The different flavors of Aqua Velva and Mennen Skin Bracer are cheap enough aftershave’s, no one should be caught off guard by not stocking up in these great Classics if they are suddenly discontinued.

I think I am probably sittingt least a dozen of each of AV Original, Musk and Ice Sport; and enough modern Skin Bracer and Osage Rub in order to make Bootlegger’s Green Freeze until like forever? :)
Not sure if AV Musk is available in Europe but how close is it to Mennen Musk?

I can get it at CVS or Walmart. Not at Publix or Walgreens.
At CVS they have
Skin Bracer
Old Spice
Stetson after shave
Aqua Velva
CLubman but currently sold out.

Top Bottom