What's new

Is B&B Always Question-Friendly?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Being a newbie, I sure hope so! Patience is definitely needed with us! The best we can do is act like adults and be civil to one another. We all seem to share a common interest here, so why not enjoy ourselves and have fun learning at the same time.

Welcome to B&B Timmy!! (second exclamation point is mine)

A while ago someone asked the question "is wet shaving a religion?" I just realized it is much like a religion in the respect that everybody has a slightly different idea of what the perfect way of practicing is and fundamentalists doesn't understand why some people are happy doing it differently. And some people don't even shave at all (atheists) hehe.

If a wet shaving fundamentalist gets bent out of shape in a thread we should do the same thing we do to religous fundamentalists, ignore them so that they know they are not important.

I've seen several instances where someone brought up a question or issue which had been asked before. For the most part when this happens someone adds something to the general knowledge which was not brought up during the previous discussions. That's the idea here, keep bringing up new ideas about well covered issues. That is how we learn. Because of the nature of this site many issues are going to be brought up over and over again, go with it.

This is a great place to ask questions. You don't know, want to know...ask! However, shaving is common sense. I've seen SO many "stupid" questions asked here, I just have to shake my head. It has been suggested that we create a large number of "sticky" threads that answer basic questions. And while I sometimes get tired of answering some questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (I've been here since the beginning), I prefer skipping the "sticky" threads in favor of member participation. I've been asked "how do I rinse the shaving cream from my razor?" by pm! Okay, while I want to say "turn on the FUC(^&G water", I don't do that. I've seen trolls, I've seen idiots, and I've seen folks serious about wanting to learn the "ins and outs" of wetshaving. I go with the flow and try to respond when I can.

If you have a question, ask! But think first. Folks will ask "what _______ (insert razor, cream, soap, blade, brush, etc.) will work best for me?". Well, no one can answer that question. We can only offer opinion. How can we improve this? Well, for example, rather than ask "what brush will work best for me?", the question should be "I like a dense brush that is soft on the face but works well with soaps...what would you suggest?". No, we don't get that very often.

Sometimes the questions we get asked remind me of the old Sam Kenison joke about Karen Carpenter (and no disrespect to Karen...a favorite of mine) when he said "Karen wasn't sick...she was hungry! Give her a sandwich!"...

Okay, I'm making a bit of fun here. Seriously, if you have a question, ask it. But DO use common sense. And use the "Search" feature. If you have a question and are worried about what others will think, then send me a pm. It may be a day or two before I respond, but I'll get back to you.

I want all members here to feel at home and to be comfortable. You should never be afraid to ask a question. This isn't rocket science. It is something that men have done since, well, since men have been men.

Randy

I am new here and have never had a bad reply. Hey s---t happen! There are not very many crazy instances but things happen. I don't get along with my brother all the time but I love him :mad3:

I love you man!!

Got any spare shaving lotion :001_rolle?

Take Care,
Richard

I've got gallons of spare shaving lotion...but you still aren't getting my Bud Light!

Randy

LOL :lol: I was afraid I had dated myself! AGAIN!!! It is Super Bowl tomorrow you know? I kinda fish and see what hooks. You got to think life is funny or it will drive you to drink.

Take Care,
R

This is a great place to ask questions. You don't know, want to know...ask! However, shaving is common sense. I've seen SO many "stupid" questions asked here, I just have to shake my head. It has been suggested that we create a large number of "sticky" threads that answer basic questions. And while I sometimes get tired of answering some questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (I've been here since the beginning), I prefer skipping the "sticky" threads in favor of member participation. I've been asked "how do I rinse the shaving cream from my razor?" by pm! Okay, while I want to say "turn on the FUC(^&G water", I don't do that. I've seen trolls, I've seen idiots, and I've seen folks serious about wanting to learn the "ins and outs" of wetshaving. I go with the flow and try to respond when I can.

If you have a question, ask! But think first. Folks will ask "what _______ (insert razor, cream, soap, blade, brush, etc.) will work best for me?". Well, no one can answer that question. We can only offer opinion. How can we improve this? Well, for example, rather than ask "what brush will work best for me?", the question should be "I like a dense brush that is soft on the face but works well with soaps...what would you suggest?". No, we don't get that very often.

Sometimes the questions we get asked remind me of the old Sam Kenison joke about Karen Carpenter (and no disrespect to Karen...a favorite of mine) when he said "Karen wasn't sick...she was hungry! Give her a sandwich!"...

Okay, I'm making a bit of fun here. Seriously, if you have a question, ask it. But DO use common sense. And use the "Search" feature. If you have a question and are worried about what others will think, then send me a pm. It may be a day or two before I respond, but I'll get back to you.

I want all members here to feel at home and to be comfortable. You should never be afraid to ask a question. This isn't rocket science. It is something that men have done since, well, since men have been men.

Randy

+1

Including the part about sending a PM if you have what you think might be a "stupid" question you dont' want to ask in the forums.

I guarantee it won't be the stupidest question I've seen here...

Sometimes members find it frustrating to see the same type of posts over and over again, but we should remember that we too were once newbies or had questions we didn't know the answer to.

The facts speak for themselves. While no site is perfect due to the humans involved, B&B is about the friendliest place out there. In general people go out of their way to help others whether or not a question has been asked a million times.

In all honesty, I find this post a bit trollish.... Like it or not, without non-verbal cues, we all need to think the best of each other until proven otherwise. I would suggest you take a deep breath. It's only shaving.

That being said, there is a hierarchy here, and I am at the top. :smile: :rolleyes:

+1 on all points.

If i remember my very first post here correctly I asked about a good starting set-up and got a prompt, friendly, (and very helpful by the way) response.

In the original thread that this thread is written in response to, the tone of the messages does get a little snippy, and perhaps it could have been worded gentler. However, one snippy, and perhaps out of character, response should not be a reason to leave this forum. Stay around and enjoy all the great advice.

:a35:
The facts speak for themselves. While no site is perfect due to the humans involved, B&B is about the friendliest place out there. In general people go out of their way to help others whether or not a question has been asked a million times.

In all honesty, I find this post a bit trollish.... Like it or not, without non-verbal cues, we all need to think the best of each other until proven otherwise. I would suggest you take a deep breath. It's only shaving.

That being said, there is a hierarchy here, and I am at the top. :smile: :rolleyes:

I thought Nick was at the top. :innocent:

Never worry about seeming stupid. Every day I see spelling and grammar problems here that make me want to cry. Even people with tons of money for shaving stuff can still be butt-ignorant.

Think before you post, be respectful, do not take anything said here the least bit seriously.

Just enjoy yourself, try and learn something, and help when you can. Sod the Prols.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

This is all you need to know- Scotto is Mount Everest, and I'm the Marianas Trench. :thumbup1:

Perhaps he was joking in his reply as well. Sarcasm is hard to detect in typing.

I've made a few posts that would indicate otherwise. :tongue_sm

Seriously, it's best to keep arguments and conflicts out of the forum.

I had a teacher in high school that was a riot. I still remember something he said to our class and I say to my daughters all of the time...Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question only stupid people asking questions.:biggrin:

In truth, the letters went on strike and refused to sponsor the day. They'll make up for it tomorrow with double sponsorship now that their contract has been renegotiated.

Thats it!! I am going to become C OLO R s new PR man. If they were my client during that one day strike, I would have had The STREET sign a 3 year contract with an option to renew and shown those elite LETTERS a thing or two. ( like the door and a job application at the soup factory).

You know, Scotto mentioned that this post was "trollish", and in a sense, he was right -- but not in the manner that most think that term implies. If I was trolling for anything, it would have been for a modicum of support concerning member-to-member respect. Judging by the responses, it seems that my core point was missed in all of my rambling. See, I was raised with the belief of, "If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all", and I adhere to that belief wholeheartedly. I am also very easily offended if I detect unsolicited rudeness. So, my point is, this individual went out of his way to be rude, and I don't understand that kind of behavior. The bottom line is I actually got what I wanted through these responses, and truth be told, when I am at the point of sounding off, it is because there have been multiple instances of this type of rudeness that went unmentioned -- this one is just the last straw for me. And when I reach the point of saying what I said, the decision was already made in regards to asking any more questions --I won't. If this sounds like childish pouting to you, then so be it. I am just sick of being accosted by rude and arrogant people in my day-to-day life, and I find it very disappointing that something that should be fun is just the same old crap. Keep in mind, this is the first forum I have been a member of, so I guess this is just my learning curve.

Thats it!! I am going to become C OLO R s new PR man. If they were my client during that one day strike, I would have had The STREET sign a 3 year contract with an option to renew and shown those elite LETTERS a thing or two. ( like the door and a job application at the soup factory).

Colors are soooo '70s. :tongue:

Top Bottom