What's new

iPhone Headphones

My headphones are going out... Unless I can them covered on my iPhone's warranty I may need a new pair.

They're the Apple in the ear earphones. I'm on my 5th pair, but I only think I bought 2 thus far.. Yay warranty. If I understand correctly because they are an apple accessory that works in conjunction with the phones warranty although it comes with a one year warranty. So I could 1) Buy a new pair 2) Buy Applecare for my phone and have 2 1/2 years left on coverage for my headphones. Though that will only cost $150.

I would love headphones that last longer than 6 months, I'm a fool for audio quality so skullcandy probably won't suffice. I like the remote feature a lot, and the low profile of the earphones. I guess my price range is under $150. I'd gladly spend that money on a brush... But I can't quite listen to a badger.

Recommendations on my next set of headphones would be greatly appreciated.

Maximo IP-595. Really good balanced sound, metal housing, soft flexible cord less likely to kink or break than Apple's and with a reinforced strain relief at the plug. Some microphonics from the cord from rubbing when running or exercising. Has a built-in 3 button remote and mic. Rare reports of defects but Maximo's customer service is top notch and they'll replace them fast.

Jlab J4M. Toughest in ear phones made. They sound decent and have a decent mic. More bass oriented than Apple's phones but still clear and not congested. Not quite as detailed, but balanced. One button remote. On sale direct from Jlab.

http://www.jlabaudio.com/jbuds-j4m-rugged-metal-earbuds---highly-durable-with-microphone-p-282.html

Brookstone Clear Dual Drive earphones. Only available in the US. Warm sound. Very pleasant for long term listening. $250. Radius DDM earphone clones. Sell for $60. to $70. Drivers and housings are more durable than Apple's but the cord and strain relief are just as flimsy. 3 button remote.

Top Bottom