What's new

Interesting geography

Which is further west - Atlanta or Detroit? I missed it too. The answer is Atlanta, how odd is that?

How about you, anything come to mind?

tumblr_inline_p7rjxspqzV1to1282_500.png

The one that gets me is the western-most point of South America is EAST of the tip of Florida. I used to think South America was due south of the United States, not east-southeast.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
What direction are we going? Are you saying that right now it is both today and tomorrow at the North Pole? If you take one step due South from the North Pole and then keep going . . . .where do you end up at the Equator?

What direction are we going? Are you saying that right now it is both today and tomorrow at the North Pole? If you take one step due South from the North Pole and then keep going . . . .where do you end up at the Equator?

The North Pole is in Canada, not Alaska.

And the quirk is in relation to the International dateline. If you head east from, say, Maine, you will leave the US. BUT, before you reach the International Dateline, you can again enter US territory and thus Alaska CAN be said to be the furthest easterly point in the USA. It's a bit of a nerdy little thing, but so is this thread.

Top Bottom