What's new

Interest in Pass Around box - US Middle West Only

I am thinking of creating a pass around box or maybe a couple of them and wanted to check for any interest in a limited geographic area.

1. This box would be limited to participants in the state of Iowa or one of the bordering states. That would be Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska. I might include Kansas and North Dakota if the mood strikes me to do so.
  2. The box(es) will travel in a hub and spoke arrangement. I'll send the box to a distant point and it will work its way back to me in central Iowa to be refreshed. If we have a bunch of people in one area I may seek a volunteer in that area to be responsible for refreshing the box.
  3. Typical of these boxes, I would put together the initial box. It's probably going to be soap and blade samples to start with, possibly along with a few inexpensive bits of hardware. Recipients would swap out stuff in the box for stuff they have of similar quantity or value.
  4. Participants are asked to portion donations out in sample sizes if possible.

At this point I am just interested in finding out who would want to participate and what city and state you are in.

Sigh... I guess the lower Mississippi River Delta area is out then. You could just float the box down to me.
My weekend place is on the banks of the Missouri, so if the box gets down to Herban Cowboy soap, Derby blades, and the veg I can just toss it in. If it gets past Kansas City and St. Louis it's all yours.

I guess you are right. I can always use the VEG if I run low on herbicide.

It isn't looking good for doing a box if only CountryBois and I are in on it. I may have to expand the offer to a larger area. I kind of hoped that by keeping it confined to a smaller area it might encourage some person to person hand offs.

Top Bottom