What's new

Injector blades?

Hi Guys, picked up Schick injector at a flea market on a whim for next to nothing. Have heard good things about them. My issue is: what blades will work with this? Supposedly, Schick injectors blades are still available. I have been unable to find them locally. Not sure if it is appropriate to mention vendors here or not, but I will say that my vendor of choice is a store front and mail order pharmacy in NY. They have the largest selection and variety of shaving goods I have been able to find. Even they do not sell Schick injector blades. They have other brands, but not Schicks. Just wondering what is compatible. Any help is appreciated.

Chinese Schick injector blades (chicks) are sold at many pharmacies, and of course on Amazon. I like them but prefer vintage blades that can be found on various sites.

So, are you saying all injector blades are basically the same in functionality and compatable. I was somehow under the impression that most of the injector type blades were made for "stylists" and beauty parlor type razors and not your Schick type "face" shaving razors. Not sure, how I came to this understanding, so please forgive my ignorance if this is the case.

These are the sChick blades (made in China)

OIP (4).jpeg

And these are the Personna, sometimes marketed as Parker.
OIP (5).jpeg

And here is a great thread from the past on loading an injector!

Loading a new blade

From what I know there are three different injector blades currently in production:

Schick - metal injector and yellow card/case, made in China
Personna - these are sold under several brands with a white plastic injector - Personna, Parker, Ted Pella, Supply white label
Supply Black label - only available from Supply, made in Japan

From what I know there are three different injector blades currently in production:

I believe you are essentially correct- these are the “3” readily available in the US. I’ve tried all 3. The chick and supply blacks from Japan are fantastic. The persona, for me, are unusable. (Although worth a try because they are cost way less. Ping me and I’ll send you what I have left from my Parker). That said there are two brands from Japan that have great reputations but are difficult to source in the US. The Japan Schick , both in single and twin blades. I just got a pack of twins but haven’t used. And the Schick proline B-20. (Not the c-20!). The proline is a easier to get in the US. BUT the dispenser doesn’t have a key. So you have to transfer to a dispenser that does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Schick Type M injector that I purchased NOS as I had one back with I was a teen, but it got tossed out years ago.

The razor I got came with some vintage single and double Schick blades. I do not know whether they had deteriorated over the years, or just were not sharp enough in the first place, but they tugged painfully at my old man white beard. I ordered some of the Chinese made Schick injector blades and the work quite well. They are sharp enough for my beard and last a lot longer than DE blades. While SE blades are many times more expensive than DE blades, the cost per shave is similar.

I have found that vintage Schick Krona & Plus Platinum, and Gillette Platinum Plus are better than the modern Chinese Schicks. These blades rival the best ever made.

After using different blades, some of my experiences:
  • Chinese Schicks: decent, not the sharpest, but do the job and in my shaving regime lasts a maximum of a week; you can get them easily via eBay, etc.
  • Gillette vintage: maybe I had a bad cartridge, but they were very rough
  • Personna: works, but not a great experience
  • Schick Krona: sharp, but a bit rough
  • Schick Platinum (vintage yellow box): sharp, smooth and lasts a long time; absolutely superior to any of the modern blades
  • Schick Twin (Japanese): wow, razor (;)) sharp, (be very careful the first few days, you'll end up cutting yourself without noticing), smooth and lasts an incredibly long time. My personal record attempt is 125 (!) of acceptable shaves. (really good shaves around a month for me). An incredible blad.
  • Supply Black Label: sharp, but not very smooth; also they don't last very long for me; they were quite a disappointment for me
In summary, with regards to the modern blades, the Chinese Chicks are the easiest to get and you might want to try the Supply Black Label, although personally, I don't like them.
The vintage blades are much harder to get, but some of them are absolutely in a different league. Specifically, the Schicks Platinum (yellow box, I don't know whether the non-yellow boxes are identical) and of course the one that crushes them all the Japanese Schick Twin* blades.

* to keep things simple, I have classified the Japanese Twin Schicks under vintage.

I have no problem with the Personna blades in the white plastic injector. And I have used the vintage platinums. I won't pay the Chick premium.

The white injector cartridges are low quality and a little wonky to engage and load blades. Still, I just bought another 100 from Connaught in the UK.

Good prices and a good $ vs £ exchange rate.

The Chinese schicks are actually pretty good blades. Subscribe and save is the cheapest option I’ve found. You can go on Etsy and the bay and find vintage, but they are rarer than vintage gillette de blades, so they normally command quite a premium that is IMHO not worth the added cost. There are also some NOS Holland schicks floating around out there, also not easy to find. If you are only looking for the single edge factor, gem razors are cheap and current production blades are very good. Japanese Schick twins are only available on eBay via sellers from Japan, so they are expensive with the shipping factor.

Japanese Schick twins are only available on eBay via sellers from Japan, so they are expensive with the shipping factor.
Connaught also sometimes have them. Furthermore, the best price you can get is through Rakuten.

I have no problem with the Personna blades in the white plastic injector. And I have used the vintage platinums. I won't pay the Chick premium.

The white injector cartridges are low quality and a little wonky to engage and load blades. Still, I just bought another 100 from Connaught in the UK.

Good prices and a good $ vs £ exchange rate.
Agree 100%, I’ve used a ton of Personna injector blades over the years and I’ve actually come to prefer them over the Schick blades.

Last edited:
Big fan of NOS Schick blades and the Proline B ones. Tried the Personna again yesterday and today in a Schick L1, small cut and dots of blood. That really never happens to me with other injector or Artist Club style razors to me, and not with my Gamechanger .84 either. So a no-no for me these Personna blades. I do like them in DE variant though!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Chinese Schick injector blades (chicks) are sold at many pharmacies, and of course on Amazon. I like them but prefer vintage blades that can be found on various sites.
I think the Chicks (Chineses Schick) are the best of the currently made blades. But I would agree if you have a source for vintage I would be those are better. No experience myself. No reason to be afraid of Chicks though they work well.

Connaught Shaving used to sell some injector blades from Japan that I thought might be a step up but they no longer sell them.

Patrick at Supply is earnestly trying to make great blades. For me he has not matched the Chicks and the injector housing he has, being plastic doesn't work with many true Schick Injectors, but he is aware of my thoughts and I think he'd love to be able to make a metal injector. His blades certainly are not bad and work well in his razors, but they are problematic to get into older true injectors. I will predict he has a stamped metal injector within 5 years.

Consensus is the Chicom Chicks are the best we've got, and I agree. Several years ago I got some Personna blades - they're OK, but also a compelling reason to go use superior DE razors & blades.

A few months ago, soeone mentioned the Japanese-made Schicks available from the UK were all-that ... they're not.
They're pricey and not much better than the Personnas.

They're pricey and not much better than the Personnas.
My experience is very different. Specifically, the Japanese twin blades are much, much better in my shaving routine. But of course, everybody's shaving routine, skin and taste will be different. Same with regards to the costs. I have been able to get a very long usage of the twin blades vs. other blades. Meaning that for me the cost per shave is not higher.

My experience is very different. Specifically, the Japanese twin blades are much, much better in my shaving routine. But of course, everybody's shaving routine, skin and taste will be different. Same with regards to the costs. I have been able to get a very long usage of the twin blades vs. other blades. Meaning that for me the cost per shave is not higher.
We're talking of 2 different blades - mine are just the single blade,not the twin.

Top Bottom