What's new

Injector blades?

I just bought 3 NOS Schick injectors (circa 1972 ... 2 ladies and one men's), simply because I have never tried an injector. I plan to open one of them to try it. I realize that they come with a couple of blades. However, if I decide to use the injector once in a while, how available are the blades? And where is the best place to get them?

If you don't mind purchasing six items from an online site, alice.com sells the Schick brand. I think they were $5.19 a pack, so six would be about $31. Shipping is always free (which is why there is a six item minimum). They also sell cleaning supplies, toilet paper and about 1000 other household items. The requirement is any six, mix or match -- not necessarily six of one item.

I would recommend getting the schick blades(chinese) the ted pella ones are not good at all and nearly put me off using the schick permanently, finally bought a pair of injector blades in the yellow pack and now use my injector everyday.

Check around some of the smaller drugstores, I've found the Chinese Schicks at two Family Drug stores and a couple other independently owned stores. None of the large chain drugstores carry them anymore. They can also be ordered on Amazon.

I used the NOS 1970's blades that came with my Stick Schick and scored more vintage ones off eBay (even some Gillette injector blades) and they were fine. when I ran out I bought some Personna's, I was not that impressed. I have bought some new Schick Chinese blades - hopefully these will be as good as the NOS blades.

Top Bottom