What's new

Inherited Old Razors

Wow, what a great collection your dad left you. One thing about donating to goodwill. I talked to a person that works at a near by goodwill and asked about shaving razors and he told me that they just toss them when they get them.
Thank you! I didn’t realize they did that. What a shame!

Welcome to B&B! Wow! That's some serious collection! You pretty much own most of the interesting vintage Gillette razors in existence.
Thank you! I’ve enjoyed researching them, though not absolutely certain I know what I have other than the toggles. It seems many Gillette’s appear identical at a casual glance, but are in fact quite different.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
You did a good job pickin' fathers! My own father probably had some lovely Gillettes, but after WW2 was over it was time to "modernize." From probably about two seconds after the surrender was signed until his last shave before he died in 2006 he used electrics.

Welcome to B&B!

O.H.

You did a good job pickin' fathers! My own father probably had some lovely Gillettes, but after WW2 was over it was time to "modernize." From probably about two seconds after the surrender was signed until his last shave before he died in 2006 he used electrics.

Welcome to B&B!

O.H.
Thank you very much! I also succumbed to the silver-tongued electric shaver ads. Not anymore! Can’t believe what I’ve been missing. I actually look forward to shaving now!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Welcome to the conversation.

Your father had an amazing collection of excellent razors. He must have been a terrific dad.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I just realized I could fill the thread up with “Thank You’s” to each of you who’ve posted with such a warm welcome, so I’m just going to say, “Thanks, Y’all for the warm welcome” and hope that covers both past posts and futures. This forum appears to be filled with knowledgeable and friendly folks. I’m glad I found it and joined. Now if I could only perfect my technique! Had a rough shave this morning with a Personna blade. I think it’s probably operator error.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just realized I could fill the thread up with “Thank You’s” to each of you who’ve posted with such a warm welcome, so I’m just going to say, “Thanks, Y’all for the warm welcome” and hope that covers both past posts and futures. This forum appears to be filled with knowledgeable and friendly folks. I’m glad I found it and joined. Now if I could only perfect my technique! Had a rough shave this morning with a Personna blade. I think it’s probably operator error.

It can be many things.

I'll just say this, "A good lather is half the shave."

Happy shaves,

Jim

What a lovely collection, with such a personal connection.
Welcome!

And wow! I've never seen three Gillette Toggles in the same photo. Never mind two of them cased.

That is a wonderful collection. I am a comparative rookie and even I know there are some really nice razors there.

Be safe and well.

Blessings to you and yours.

It can be many things.

I'll just say this, "A good lather is half the shave."

Happy shaves,

Jim
Jim,

I’m new to this but I whole-heartedly agree from the work I do every day; the lather and the technique make the shave. In my world, it’s not the wand, it’s the magician. Thanks so much for your post!

Most Sincerely,

Curly

Top Bottom