What's new

Ingrown problems

So iv been having some issues with ingrowns under my chin the hair grows more or less flatto the skin and me or the wife are struggling for ideas on how to get them out there are some very deep that you can’t see though the skin so how do I get em out before they cause more pain

A friend would use the very fine point of a new x-acto knife blade to open the skin above the hair. I have used a needle before. Mine always curled up into a coil, seemingly within the follicle, rather than what you describe I’ve not had any for forty years or so.

I use to use a 21 ga needle for inter muscular injections but the issue is you can’t see the hair even with a flash light against the skin

I had an Ingrown problem whenever I tried a new type of Cartridge razor. I used a wide head canvas sewing needle. Wide head because I'd lay needle on side, just to able the point to pick out the hair. Always wet back to DE/SE shaving.
Also it could be too much pressure if using DE/SE.
I think I heard my niece saying there are creams that help the problem.
Hope this helps.

I had an Ingrown problem whenever I tried a new type of Cartridge razor. I used a wide head canvas sewing needle. Wide head because I'd lay needle on side, just to able the point to pick out the hair. Always wet back to DE/SE shaving.
Also it could be too much pressure if using DE/SE.
I think I heard my niece saying there are creams that help the problem.
Hope this helps.
Iv heard the same but they bleach the skin on your face

I use the pointy part of a safety pin. It's the sharpest and pointiest thing I could find. Even more so than sewing needles. I have no idea if all of them are made this way though. I can also see my ingrowns through my skin.

If you can't see yours... Are you sure they are ingrowns? They could be just cystic pimples. Either way, salicylic acid is what you are looking for.

Honestly iv got no idea the wife says there ingrowns so I figured she’s a women she must know I don’t really get ingrowns on my face at all I think in my whole life iv had 2 maybe but after a week or to they pop out on there own but no such luck

Try putting Hydrocolloid Bandages on the irritated sites. These can help with the extraction of pus and the problematic hair while keeping the area clean/free from your dirty fingers. Leave each bandage on for as long as possible. You can buy these at your local pharmacy and might have the option between larger and smaller sizes; the larger size are more cost effective as you can cut them into appropriate sizes. I picked this tip up from my APRN fiancée.

After the last 2 days I have tryed a scrub the wife made with lemon salt and some honey and it worked all but on has come out I think doing this every day will get things going but so far the pain has gone away all I have is a dark spot under my chin where the hair was

25g needle or tuberculin
It's a pain!
Use alcohol before and after....
I have seen on YT some beauticians do it....would I trust their tools are without infectious agents : NO.

Used to get them shaving with carts daily
since change of employment and not having to be clean shaven i leave shaves for anything from 3 days to a week, and the change to de, use of a brush and good soap I no longer get ingrown or spots in the beard area

Bad thought:

Do any of us know the correct way of removing an ingrown hair? My own method is exceedingly crude compared to those mentioned here.

Bad thought:

Do any of us know the correct way of removing an ingrown hair? My own method is exceedingly crude compared to those mentioned here.
Well there’s a few methods you could use.
a needle for injecting stab it a lay flat against skin and pull out,u could squeez it and it will pop out quite painful can leave a scar or just wait though the pain till it comes out.
You could use a scrub of some sort or if it’s close to the skin just punch though the top layer and leave it and shave after a few days.
these are things iv tryed sometime they work somtimes not depends on your type of skin

Having suffered w/ ingrowns for years(before finding this site), my main method was to go ver the area w/ Witch Hazel, tweeze, then Witch Hazel again. Now, i just apply 100% Tea Tree Oil to the area for a minimum of 2 days BID, and by the evening of the second day, the area has calmed down enough that I can pull the offending hair easily.

For ones that are still under the skin, I use a dry loofah over the area to get them to 'poke' through then proceed to above method. Amazon sells some nice tweeze kits that I wished I had access to years ago-they contain blunt angle, blunt, point tip, and square tip tweezers for a reasonable price.

marty

I am experiencing ingrown difficulties but my hairs are unusual. I have about 4 to 8 hair follicles that produce multiple hairs from a single follicle. The issue with these are that while say 4 to 6 hairs will breech the surface, another 2 or4 hairs imbed and dig in. These are a pain in the rear. You get what you think is The one hair removed and their are more under the skin still causing the irritation. I have tried to get them so all hairs are above the surface and then shaving with the grain only to help, but ultimately I end up plucking them out entirely and enjoy a week or so of relief until the hair regnerates.

When I used a cart for almost 40 years, I pulled at least one ingrown weekly with tweezers. In the 10+ years of using a DE, I can probably count my ingrowns on one hand.

Get a good pair of Tweezerman ingrown hair/ splinter tweezers. Very fine point that can enter the skin with minimal damage.

I decided a while back the ATG on the neck is not a good idea. Since I gave that up I’ve had no issues.

For a DIY approach you will need; a sadistic girlfriend/wife, alcohol, needle, needle nose tweezers. Squeezing is not you friend. Do it gently at your peril if you must. Warm compress first helps.

If you do not have a sadistic wife or girlfriend you may need the help of a dermatologist. Don’t mess with it more than necessary.

Wife has one of those highly illuminated magnifying makeup mirrors that’s proven to be very useful. Half of the damage I’ve inflicted on myself was from trying to visualize and grasp a hair that I couldn’t see properly standing too far away from the mirror as I tried to lean over the sink.

Top Bottom