What's new

Info Wanted on Valobra Soap

Seeing the end of my AOS tallow sandalwood soap. Believe the reality or popular theory was that the AOS tallow shaving soap was made by Valobra. If that is so, can anyone tell me if the current Valobra soaps have the performance of the old, tallow AOS. Thanks!

I have never used the AOS soap but I think the Valobra pucks are great. I bought several backups after the Proraso acquisition. The Valobra pucks can still be found but are starting to become scarce. Valobra also made the Czech&Speake soaps.

Valobra shave stick and pucks are great; grab a couple while they are readily available!
BTW, AOS tallow pucks are still offered on eB*y from time to time.

valobra soaps.jpg

Same soap, same great performance, same tallow/clay undertone scent. I have a number of tallow AOS pucks and tubs of current Valobra soap.

smells more like rancid fat to me. But there is a definite old lady smell to it that is rather nauseating post shave. But soap does lather well enough.

Great scent and great lather and performance. I have some Valobra and old AOS left, but I will really it if Proraso does not bring it back.

I never tried AOS tallow but I greatly enjoy the Valobra stick. The underlying scent, that some do not like, does not bother me and I am quite sensitive to scents. In fact, it adds something old-world to the overall scent that I find quite endearing. It’s very mild post-shave but lasts all day long for me.

The AoS tallow soaps are among my favorites. Fortunately, my sons would give me AoS soaps for Father's Day and Christmas so I have an ample supply. I also have Valobra soaps and they are good. However, the scents of the AoS soaps are better.

Top Bottom