What's new

In Rotation: Razors and Blades

Many of you guys have more than 1 razor, and some have 10+ razors. Same goes for blades. No one in here seems to only have 1 brand of blade.
So what if you have 10+ razors (or a lot of razors) and a lot of different types of blades, how do you guys do your rotations? I don't have a lot of stuff so I'm saved from it, but those who have RAD and BAD etc, what do you guys do?

Do you pick a brand of blade and go through all the different razors? OR

Do you pick one razor and go through different brands of blades?

How is this rotation thing supposed to work? I am confused :confused:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
As far as blades go, I have found that IPs, Red IPs and Derbys work the best for me. So no matter the razor, its one of these 3 blades.

Two straights per week used on alternate days. One DE for Wednesdays.
Blade for DE - random mood swing.

Best Regards

Graham

While I have been trying different blades, I have tried to use the same razor to rotate through them. Once I have found a blade I like with a certain razor, I start on another razor and repeat the process.....of course, there are days when i use whatever I am in the mood for.

I lack self discipline:wink:

Yes, a emotional, touchy feelly, what sounds good, what do you want to do today, make my day, where am I today, kind of thing.

Happy Trails

I keep a Fat Boy, a Black Beauty, a 40s SS, and a open-combed thing within reach, along with a variety of blades. It's all dependent upon what mood I'm in when I step out of the shower, unless I skipped a shave, then it's the open comb thing. I'll switch that rotation around once in a while, and occasionally use a straight when I have all day, but that's the usual stable.
...but I have been late for work due to acute decision impairment! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom