What's new

In Celebration of 10K Posts - A Modest Giveaway

Hello Gents,

Never thought I'd be typing this, but I just made it to 10,000 posts! I consider this quite a momentous occasion. When I joined 4 years and change ago, I was a wide-eyed newb like most of us were. But then I settled down and found a home amongst friends and brothers. I have so many fond memories of our humble little forum. I wish I'd known from the start how magical this place was so I wouldn't have wasted any time getting comfortable. It's been my extreme honor to make friendships, banter back and forth about the most inane shaving minutiae and serve as Steward of the two finest sub-fora (The Brown Leaf and The Newb Clinic). I look forward to 10,000 more posts, memories, friendships and serving this fine establishment to the best of my ability!

Ok, fine, time to get to the giveaway I mentioned. Unlike some of our other esteemed members, I have not accrued a vast pile of unobtanium, oops :001_unsur

But I am going to offer a $50 West Coast Shaving gift certificate to a lucky recipient. It is open to anyone who wishes to share a few lines here about what they love most about this forum. I'll leave this giveaway open until next Friday, 2/26 at 9:00 AM CST

Cheers,

Ed

I'm in. Congratulations on your 10K post!
What I love most about B&B is how friendly, welcoming, respectful everyone is, especially considering how the rest of the online world treats each. On your very first post everyone will great and welcome you immediately as an extended family member whom everyone is excited to meet and share a wealth of knowledge and experience. B&B is a home away from home.

Not in, but if I wanted to win I'd have to say I'm a big fan of the_edski of this forum...congrats on 10K, Ed!

This forum is the best at helping me spend money, by people sharing beloved techniques and products!
Which helps keep me in the doghouse and off the streets!

I'm in. Wow 10k! I love all the knowledge here and all the absolutely wrong opinions if they don't agree with mine.

Wow, 10,000 posts is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations on this milestone.

The thing that I like most about this forum is the people. I've met some really, really outstanding people here. The level of honesty and integrity is extremely high. I've participated in passarounds where someone is sent several hundred dollars worth of stuff or a $250 razor and everyone does the right thing and sends it to the next person on the list. It just feels like everyone here has everyone else's best interest in mind and everyone looks out one another. The kindness shown here is unmatched on any other forum. I guess this is a nice escape to a place where people treat others as they'd like to be treated themselves. I know how to shave and I know what products I like, so I don't need to be here. It's the people here and the friendships I've made that keep me coming back to this forum.

Just look at what you're doing right now in giving away a $50 gift cert. I don't see people giving things away on other forums without expecting something in return. This is another kind act like the many others that I see on this forum every day. From giving things away to unselfishly taking the time to help someone out I've never seen another forum like this one.

In addition, we've all somehow taken the mundane task of shaving and turned it into something interesting and fun. I don't even try to share this hobby with anyone outside of this forum because they all look at me like I'm crazy. Most people think of shaving as another task you just have to do like cutting the grass or taking out the garbage.

I'm going to say "Not in" as I already have more than enough. I'd just be buying something that I don't need when someone else would appreciate it so much more.

Thank you for doing this.

Last edited:
I'm in. What a great gesture.
Just a newb but I love the sense of brotherhood of people trying to help one another. Also this forum has been instrumental in getting me to try things that I now love which I would have never known about otherwise.

Congrats, I would like to join this sweepstakes!
The best thing I like about this forum is the authentic and humble manor in which everyone willingly shares their experience and advice.

I'm in! 10K is incredible! At first it seemed almost impossible but an average of almost 7 posts a day is some dedication and I'm impressed. This morning I posted a thread about B&B and how one of its greatest aspects is that it encourages us to indulge our shaving addictions. What I really mean by that is that this is a place for brothers to expound upon eachother in conversation the way long time friends can feed off eachother in conversation and seem to laugh endlessly for hours until their sides hurt. It is a place to grow among a community that one cannot necessarily find in their day to day life.

Congrats Ed! What a great PIF, I'm in! My favorite thing about this forum is how gentlemanly and generous all the members are. Everybody on here represents the best of what we human being are capable of.

I'm in. Congrats on the 10k.
I love how everyone is willing to share knowledge without making you feel like a dumb&$#. I also like the fact that I've made some true friends through here.

Hello Gents,

Never thought I'd be typing this, but I just made it to 10,000 posts! I consider this quite a momentous occasion. When I joined 4 years and change ago, I was a wide-eyed newb like most of us were. But then I settled down and found a home amongst friends and brothers. I have so many fond memories of our humble little forum. I wish I'd known from the start how magical this place was so I wouldn't have wasted any time getting comfortable. It's been my extreme honor to make friendships, banter back and forth about the most inane shaving minutiae and serve as Steward of the two finest sub-fora (The Brown Leaf and The Newb Clinic). I look forward to 10,000 more posts, memories, friendships and serving this fine establishment to the best of my ability!

Ok, fine, time to get to the giveaway I mentioned. Unlike some of our other esteemed members, I have not accrued a vast pile of unobtanium, oops :001_unsur

But I am going to offer a $50 West Coast Shaving gift certificate to a lucky recipient. It is open to anyone who wishes to share a few lines here about what they love most about this forum. I'll leave this giveaway open until next Friday, 2/26 at 9:00 AM CST

Cheers,

Ed

Not in, as I'm pretty sure the use of a gift card, even one received in a PIF, would violate the terms of my Looney Tunes Restraint.

Like most will say, the best thing about this forum is far and away the Generosity of the members. Specifically there are those that offer at-large PIFs, and those that single out and do individual giveaways based on wants and needs that they see. But there's also those that give their time and energy to answer questions and attempt to help out fellow wet shavers with suggestions and advice.

I'm in.
What I like about the forum is that I can ask Newbie questions and get good answers from experienced shavers. Most forums would get snarky responses instead. It really is a friendly group.

I'm in, congrats on the 10K!
My favorite thing about B&B is the camaraderie. I've been on other forums in the past for various hobbies, but I've never seen one so well used, moderated, and helpful. I feel like the members all want to earnestly help us new guys! And they do so in a gentlemanly (or lady-like) way.

Top Bottom