What's new

I'm finally enjoying shaving - and the collector bug in me is getting a bite too

Not quite 50, but getting there. I spent 20 years in the military speed shaving in the shower with disposable razors - even when I wore a beard I was was keeping it neat with a disposable. I've been meaning to get into wet shaving for decades and just never did... wow, do I regret that. I love that shaving is no longer a chore I have to rush through just to get to the next point in my day - I get to enjoy it, and I am having a blast. Years ago I collected fountain pens, I think I'll be breaking those out again, very happy to have found this site and all the varying intersecting interests that are here, I'm really enjoying everything.
Where wet shaving is concerned... I'm trying my hand at scuttles - have two that I use and a third on order already, the first two I have are fantastic but since I started using a Chubby 3 I've noticed I need a bit more room in the bowl - can't wait for it to arrive. I have a grab bag full of blades and still going through them trying to find the right match - using a Rockwell 6S right now, I'd very much like to have it polished... it's really been a great razor for me in getting started with DE, very educational. I've got a spot on my neck that likes a larger gap than the rest of the shave - I'll be trying my hand at an adjustable very soon. Love the site, glad to be here.

Yes, thank you for your service. Enjoy the shaves. I've ended up spending far too much on this "hobby," but I do get some tremendous enjoyment and meditation out of this.

Welcome to B and B! Thank you for your service. I am also a fountain pen fan for similar reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard. Thanks for your service. Did you say collecting? STOP 🛑!
There is no collecting going on in these parts...ha ha, just kidding. Trying new stuff is part of the fun.

Maybe you haven’t seen this...

Top Bottom