What's new

I'm a converted Man!

Okay, this is me being all ashamed and stuff

When I first got into the wet shaving business, I went hardline, I said "no Creams" and stuck to that. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that it was cos I felt that creams 'felt' too much like the goop in a can, in that I didnt even need a brush to make it

Cue a couple of days ago, I was in my local favorite shaving supplies store (the Razor Shop, in Brisbane) when my eye fell upon a batch of Trufett and Hill soaps and creams. Now, I'd figured it was pretty impressive stuff (and I LOVE the Jamacan lime aftershave lotion (but I digress)), but I couldn't afford at that time to pony up the extra folding for the soap. So, I thought "it's not that expensive for the cream, and if I don't like it, well, I'd just not get any more next time I need some.

Surprise surprise, straight outta the tube, I got mountains of lather, I guess I must have used a bit too much, because I filled my scuttlebowl with thick foamy suds.

Of course, it assisted me having one of the better shaves I've had in a good long time, Suffice to say, I think I'm hooked on creams now... I'll still go for the occasional stick, or puck, but yeah.

Trufett and Hill, 1805, plus Dovo Ebony 5/8 straight, Plus a touch of Trufett and Hill aftershave lotion, BBS all over.

Best Shave Ever:biggrin:

I'm the opposite, I delve into soaps once in a while, mainly sticking to creams.

Did you find the creams more moisturising and less drying than the soaps you have been using?

In my experience thats what I have found.

T&H creams rule.

Of my last four shaves, three were with T&H Grafton. The 4th was with a TGQ soap. All four lathers were superb.

To me, the TGQ soap lather is every bit as nice as the T&H cream, but it takes a bit more work to lather it up.

Top Bottom