What's new

Ikon X3 Slant Head and non Ikon handle

After trying Putali Slant razor yesterday and getting great shave with no irritation on my sensitive skin with short hard facial hair I became even more interested in getting Ikon X3 Slant Head. Unfortunately their handles are 80 or 85 mm long so my question is which non Ikon handle will work since I want 90-100mm long handle for my big hands?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
After trying Putali Slant razor yesterday and getting great shave with no irritation on my sensitive skin with short hard facial hair I became even more interested in getting Ikon X3 Slant Head. Unfortunately their handles are 80 or 85 mm long so my question is which non Ikon handle will work since I want 90-100mm long handle for my big hands?
I may be mistaken, but I believe the Ikon heads are pretty standard in terms of screw size (10/32). I was playing around with different handles (i.e., Maggard, Weber) with various heads -- and I have an X3 -- so I'm pretty sure it will work with the "usual" 3rd party handle suppliers. That said, I've been on an SE tear for the last few months....so someone with more recent experience will likely be more helpful than my possibly faulty memory.

Thanks for replying
Where can I find Weber handles
I saw them mentioned in others posts before but wasn't successful Google them

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
If you go to ebay and type "weber razor handles" in their search bar, you'll see some come up for a decent price...they are blems (blemished). The seller is WeberRazor, so I assume he's also the manufacturer. You could also message him on the Bay and double-check that the handle you like will also fit the X3.

You will love an X3 after that Putali.

You might look into the RazoRock / Italian Barber German 37 razor. You’ll get a 90mm SS handle that will fit the X3 plus you’ll get the German 37 (Merkur slant knockoff) head to play with, for not much money. You can probably find it on Amazon as well as on the Italian Barber website.

Here is a picture of the X3 on the 90mm RR handle with the iKon 95mm handle next to it.
EFE545E7-BF1B-4AEA-A62F-FEFB896F26F6.jpeg

Thanks for the information and yes you can get German 37 on Amazon but you can't return it if you don't like it unlike Putali. Unfortunately Ikon doesn't even list 95mm handles on their website

The X3 is an amazingly smooth slat, My wife likes hers but on a super heavy maggards handle, look there they have a bunch of different ones quite affordably

So X3 came in this morning and I can answer my own question, yes 26C's handle works with it as well as the Putali's. I had very efficient and smooth shave with Putali's handle but just out of curiosity I will try 26C's handle next time before I send both 26C and Putali back
X3 has low profile head which is much better for shaving in difficult to reach places and gives me most efficient shave

Top Bottom