What's new

If you pocket carry a small semi or revolver...

I just finished cleaning and lubricating this little S&W 642 J-Frame. It's simply amazing how pocket carrying will somehow get lint into the internals of a revolver-it still finds a way! We all know a small semi-auto in the pocket requires constant cleaning, but make sure to check the internals of your pocket revolvers every so often as well! This was nasty, and it seems like I cleaned and lubricated the internals not too long ago...

proxy.php

I just finished cleaning and lubricating this little S&W 642 J-Frame. It's simply amazing how pocket carrying will somehow get lint into the internals of a revolver-it still finds a way! We all know a small semi-auto in the pocket requires constant cleaning, but make sure to check the internals of your pocket revolvers every so often as well! This was nasty, and it seems like I cleaned and lubricated the internals not too long ago...

proxy.php
My Sig P938 loves to collect lint in the hammer and firing pin area. Simple field stripping and cleaning does not get the job done. I have to clean the disconnect and the hammer areas every few weeks. I also pull the firing pin and make sure that area is cleaned.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
That's something I probably need to do. I don't pocket carry, but I carry my Airweight Bodyguard IWB without a holster, suspended by the Barahmi hip grips, collects a lot of lint, particularly with the shrouded partially exposed hammer.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I do a lot of pocket carry with my LCP. I break it down once a month and clean it out. It’s amazing the amount of lint that collects in it. I blow out and inspect the mag in the pistol as well as the spare I carry. The spare mag especially picks up a lot of lint and other debris.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Interesting.

In all the decades I've pocket carried various guns I've never had an issue with lint accumulation. Granted revolvers and most semis have been in a pocket holster but even the small semi-automatics like my FN or Colt vest pockets or Baby Browning or Beretta 1920 or 'cats have never had that issue.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

proxy.php
Cool pic. Interesting to look at the simple yet complex internal parts. It reminds me of the inside of a mechanical watch.

Top Bottom