What's new

If you have more then One Razor.

Just one? Kai Captain Excelia, one of these

IMG_20230717_154248.jpg

I only own two razor types:

1. 1924 ER Shovel head and my new
2. 1912 GEM

I would keep my 1912. I would hide my 1924. Can’t get rid of it. Too many memories.

To me, that would be considered keeping only me.

Makes sense to me.

My knee jerk answer was my Aluminum Overlander.
But after reading a few more answers and thinking for a few minutes, I would keep my Merkur Progress.

Shaves very similar to the Overlander at mild setting but lets me go more aggressive when I want.
And it looks great to boot!

Be well
Jay

My knee jerk answer was my Aluminum Overlander.
But after reading a few more answers and thinking for a few minutes, I would keep my Merkur Progress.

Shaves very similar to the Overlander at mild setting but lets me go more aggressive when I want.
And it looks great to boot!

Be well
Jay
The overlander is really well clamped. But good God, I must be sensitive to the sensation as not everyone has mentioned it, but it drags like a mother for me. Even with a hyper slick soap like grooming dept, ethos, etc. I can still feel it wanting to drag and skip. I can see why it's safe for beginners. But for those of us who need some momentum for our shaves less drag is welcome. I find razorocks tumble polishing to work very well. Just the right amount of glide whilst maintaining tolerances. In second place is the matte finish many des use now. Really though it's not the finish of the overlander, something about the geometry just makes it skip on my face. I actually had been exclusively using my super slants for a year and a half now and have recently splurged on a bunch of high end des and I'm realizing it just doesn't get better than a well engineered slant :,(. Especially when you ride the cap...it's like nothings there.

I'd have to keep my Ikon Shavecraft Tech. Extremely efficient and great blade feel. I can use it daily or mow down a month's worth of beard growth.

Top Bottom